*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995750-In-case-youre-new-Or--Im-old
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1592786
A place for writing off-the-cuff
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#995750 added October 12, 2020 at 9:31pm
Restrictions: None
In case you're "new..." ~Or~ '...I'm old,'
You probably don't know me, so let me introduce myself. I'm NickiD89. Username: heftynicki. I stumbled upon Writing.com on November 8, 2007 because I had a story to tell. Actually, it turned out that I had a lot of stories... but I didn't know that at the time. At the time I had one. So on that chilly day outside Atlanta,GA, I did a Google search because I wanted to know... how does the author of a story prove they were the author, after the story is published online? I chose the keywords "copyright laws for fiction writers." Little did I know it, but my life was literally about to change forever.

The first site in my search results? A little website called Writing.com.

I clicked on it. And I was home.

I created an account at Writing.com. I was nervous, but I was exhilerated.

One thing to understand. At that time, I didn't have a Facebook account. MySpace was only 2 years old, at the time. Twitter was pubescent, and for the most part, the Internet was wild, unchartered frontier. We were warned about stalkers. What about the preditors? Those of us who ventured online protected ourselves. We invented online personas, reflected in our User Names, and we nurtured our online identites.

Feels like a lifetime ago.

Last weekend, my daughter told me she'd created an account at Writing.com. She's an English Lit major at Columbus State University in Georgia. I was beyond thrilled. I remember the homemade card, circa 2008, on which her 8-year-old-hand had written "Happy First WDC Anniversary, Mama!" I was so touched now, knowing she too had an online portfolio where she could store her stories and poems.

Naturally, as soon as she told me her username, I logged in and became a fan.

And I noticed so many of my dear friends are still here! And there are so many changes too...though so much is the same.

I feel... a spark reignited in my writer's soul. I want to tell stories. Move people, provoke thought -- Inspire. I want to write.




My favorite spooky sig


*Note2**Note3**Note4**Note5**Note1**Note2**Note3**Note4**Note5**Note1*


*Star* To Follow Me On Twitter Click HERE!  

And Follow My Blog "One Significant Moment At A Time," by Clicking Here!   *Star*



© Copyright 2020 NickiD89 (UN: heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NickiD89 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995750-In-case-youre-new-Or--Im-old