*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/964574-Art-of-Will-They-Wont-They
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1149750
14k views, 2xBest Poetry Period. A nothing from nowhere cast words to a world wide wind.
#964574 added August 22, 2019 at 11:20pm
Restrictions: None
Art of Will They, Won't They

Been following a particular Canadian detective TV series that's been placing that carrot in front of our noses, in front of the lead actor's noses, too long now. Not enough backstory why they won't take the bait and at least jump into bed on Private Eyes. Plenty needs addressing in this show similar to Castle.

I found a thesis on the art of Will They, Won't They on the internet covering the detective genre while panning the spectrum of plot lines that work for mainly RomCom genre. An interesting snippet I read applies to teasing viewers to something we inevitably want to see come to fruition:

"Not only that, but the acceptance of, and demand for, story arc structure places a renewed emphasis on the importance of closure on threads, arcs and plots, and that means that the idea of your two lead characters not addressing their mutual attraction ends up being far more unsatisfying than whatever potential outcome could come from ‘fessing up to each other. If those responsible for shows would be damned if they do, they’d almost certainly be far more damned if they don’t."

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/09/19/will-fall-tv-finally-make-the-partners-...

If you like to get your head up into how tv RomCom storytelling works and the myth about the fated disaster of Moonlighting, I recommend reading this lengthy piece.

The characters I'm following aren't exactly Jim and Pam from the Office. And, if they are not going to commit to giving what they have a chance, at least address it and explain why a relationship wouldn't work, even if it's just to buy time until they cannot deny their destined (planned) fate together. Oh, and they have a bond, it just lacks the physical. The show's producers and writers have to be smart before they lose their audience.

© Copyright 2019 Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/964574-Art-of-Will-They-Wont-They