*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/956758-And-the-Branches-Start-to-Spread
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#956758 added April 17, 2019 at 11:20am
Restrictions: None
And the Branches Start to Spread
And to no one's great surprise, the "coven" option won yesterday's poll.

Here's today's chapter: "Coveting a Coven (public) + "Coveting a Coven (interactive) and the associated poll: [Poll completed and deleted].

Now, here's the thing about the poll: It only includes two of the four options that appear at the end of the chapter. That's for a couple of reasons. First, the two choices you have to vote between will lead to a further winnowing of options; the other two choices would dump directly into new action. Second, I am polling for a storyline to write, and the choices I am offering are leading to characters that I've already decided I want to use.

Meanwhile, we are past the point where I've composed any additional story, so there can't be any more "wrong choices." We purely in a winnowing phase now. That's going to be boring—today's chapter already repeats material that you've seen elsewhere—and the upcoming chapters are going to be very short.

So starting tomorrow I am going to move into another section of the story to publish new chapters so that you'll get some genuinely new material. But I will continue to publish short chapters and polls in this section until we reach point where the action can resume.

© Copyright 2019 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/956758-And-the-Branches-Start-to-Spread