*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939667-Speak-Easy-Chicago
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#939667 added August 13, 2018 at 3:26pm
Restrictions: None
Speak Easy Chicago
Chicago and Smashing Pumpkins

https://www.songkick.com/concerts/32872679-smashing-pumpkins-at-united-center
United Center 1901 West Madison Street, Chicago, IL, 60612

https://www.smashingpumpkins.com/


We're staying at the Holiday Inn in the downtown.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g35805-d90969-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Chica...

Things to do,I'm leaning toward the Prohibition Tours but I'll leave you the list

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionsNear-g35805-d90969-Holiday_Inn_Chicago_Do...
         
         Today, all of us find ourselves in The Windy City, Chicago, Illinois. Okay, I have bypassed this metropolis in the passenger seat of a semi. I recall traffic, far too much, endless traffic. The local drivers deserve our respect. They deal daily with the vehicle zoo.
         I'm with you Lyn's a Witchy Woman , a Prohibition Tour sounds fascinating. Somewhere in my Canadian background there might lurk a relative who participated and aided with that American alcohol ban of the 1920's. Now, I'm not saying any of my kin were rum runners, or whiskey smugglers, but the possibility exists. I can't fathom. or comprehend such a time. Illicit booze must've seemed so tempting, so deliciously dangerous.
         First of all, may I say that the bus transportation was so comfy. After wandering in and out of four speakeasies, and sampling their vintage wears, my feet had difficulty following orders. No, I was not a stumbling drunk, but if I had perchance succumbed to the powerful effects of gravity, those same feet would've abandoned all pretext of carrying me. They were feeling no pain. The guide proved hilarious. Her rapt listeners were too relaxed to question anything she told us. Thanks to the Green Door and the Club Lucky, I am officially a scofflaw. I thumbed my nose, and raised a glass against a repressive, ineffectual law.
         So, thanks to my afternoon delight, I arrived at the United Center relaxed and ready to hear The Smashing Pumpkins. I do recognize this group's name, but I'm a little hazy re their work.
         Huh, they do favour dramatic make-up. It might have been my slightly blurred vision, but the singers appeared to be liberal with the cosmetics, and they applied it with zombie-like results. Not the worst music, I've ever heard. I would qualify it as different. I remember this number because of its unique title, 'Bullet With Butterfly Wings'.
         I anticipate that I will slumber comfortably at the Holiday Inn.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939667-Speak-Easy-Chicago