*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930838-Creation-Saturday-Rabbits-Feet-and-Other-Lucky-Charms
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#930838 added March 17, 2018 at 11:29am
Restrictions: None
Creation Saturday: Rabbits Feet and Other Lucky Charms
Saturday, March 17, 2018
The Creation Saturday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
What's your definition of "lucky charms"? And what are some of yours...for personal use, and for the benefit of others?

Rabbits' Feet

Rabbits' feet are supposed to be good luck. I can remember when they were sold in stores such as J.C. Pennies, Montgomery Wards, and some of the other stores that had a large selection of items at reasonable prices. If I remember correctly, you could purchase a rabbit's foot key chains for $0.59 plus tax (I think tax was about one or two cents on the dollar). That was a reasonable price for something that was supposed to give you good luck and hold your keys at the same time. I remember them being quite popular with junior high (middle school) and high school students around test time.


I, like most other teens and preteens in my town, had a rabbit foot key chain. No one ever questioned the luck of the rabbit foot, or the fact that it was once attached to a living animal that had to be sacrificed to bring the humans carrying the key chain luck. Nor did we wonder about the luck it was supposed to bring us. Never mind that the rabbit's foot, despite the fact that the rabbit had four of them, wasn't lucky to the rabbit who had been the foot's previous owner. I don't know what happened to my rabbit's foot, I either lost it or left it behind when I moved across Oklahoma or from Oklahoma to Nevada.

Lucy Charms

Lucky charms is a cereal, that an animated leprechaun sells to children. The cereal tastes all right considering that its guaranteed to give whoever consumes it a sugar high. My favorite part of the cereal was the little marshmallows, which I thought tasted good. I never thought of Lucky Charms as being good luck, but I did consider them as part of a well balanced breakfast.




© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930838-Creation-Saturday-Rabbits-Feet-and-Other-Lucky-Charms