*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860729-Planning-to-Get-out
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2054066
My Journey from Mental Illness to Mental Wellness
#860729 added September 22, 2015 at 4:54pm
Restrictions: None
Planning to Get out
I had been once caught in a trap left to rot
I had consumed a ravenous elixir of madness
Jesus help me to see my way out
Turn my elixir of madness and to life giving wine



Jesus turns water into wine. Often times I wonder about what is in the water that makes persons or a person act the way they do. I wanted out and the only way out was to embrace the ony one who could free me.


         I discovered after about six months if being in Taunton that we had been in a sense all been held prisoner. We on the way to entering half way houses when their were several snags. It was all in the name of a new concept: Community based mental health. This was back in the seventies. It is still a buzz word in the present. I would guess this was in the works since about September of the year that I entered the hospital. There were obstacles from community leaders who were not too sure they wanted persons from a State hospital in their community.

         It took me a while to awake to the reality that I did not need an escape. There were a few main events that woke me up.
1. I had gotten a wedding ring from another patient. They gave it to me freely, so that I could give it to the girl I would marry. Soon after I had mental health staff hounding me about the whereabouts of the ring. I could not remember. They did eventually get it back. I was faced with the potential of being a thief and being locked up.
2. The most sobering test to my sanity was an encounter with an oriental who claimed to be just as flighty as me. I got tired of all the bantering and took a towel and tried to choke him to death. I had no idea I was capable of such a feat.
© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860729-Planning-to-Get-out