*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842045-The-story-of-my-life-with-Social-Distortion
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(132)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#842045 added February 27, 2015 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
The story of my life with Social Distortion
** Image ID #2026596 Unavailable **



Song: "Story of My Life"
Artist: Social Distortion
Album: Social Distortion

While we're on the topics of long-standing bands, Social Distortion (formed in 1978) is definitely up there. Fronted by Mike Ness, the group is up there in terms of the number of band members past and present... it's somewhere in the twenties, which brings them up along side longstanding acts like Guns N Roses (22), AC/DC (23), Jethro Tull (24), and Nine Inch Nails (25). They still fall far short of the current record holder though, as Santana has had a whopping 65 members over the course of its career. *Shock*

It was really hard to pick a Social Distortion song to feature for this blog post... I really love "Ball and Chain" and the previously unrecorded song "Far Behind" that they released with their 2007 Greatest Hits album. Heck, if I'm being honest, this is the band that actually introduced me to Johnny Cash, through their cover of his classic "Ball and Chain." Interestingly enough, even though "Story of My Life" is one of the band's most popular and remembered songs (and received heavy airplay when it was released), it actually failed to chart on any of the popular charts. It never even made the list. *Frown*



© Copyright 2015 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842045-The-story-of-my-life-with-Social-Distortion