*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842043-Im-in-a-hurry-with-Alabama
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(132)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#842043 added February 27, 2015 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
I'm in a hurry with Alabama
** Image ID #2026596 Unavailable **



Song: "I'm in a Hurry (And Don't Know Why)"
Artist: Alabama
Album: American Pride

This song brings back memories for me because it's the first CD I ever stole. *Shock* Okay, well maybe stole is the wrong word, but it's definitely from the first album I "borrowed" from a friend and never returned. It was just one of those things where I really liked the song and he said I could borrow the album and listen to it for a while (this was back before we could rip CDs to our computers and MP3 players), and we both just kinda forgot that I had it until he moved away one day and I realized later the CD was still sitting in my CD rack. Oops. *Blush*

I have no idea how I ever got into country music since no one in my family was a huge fan of the genre... but somewhere along the way I started to like a track or two. It's still not my favorite genre, but I enjoy a good country jam every once in a while. I tend to like the more upbeat country stuff like this song, which was from Alabama's 1992 album American Pride. The band has been around forever, forming way back in 1969 when they performed under the name Wildcountry. They changed their name to Alabama in 1977 and have been recording and touring ever since (with the occasional break). Over the years, the band has racked up over thirty #1 songs and sold over 75 million albums, putting them in the same sales stratosphere and groups like the Police, KISS, Spice Girls, Motley Crue, Green Day, and Nirvana.



© Copyright 2015 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842043-Im-in-a-hurry-with-Alabama