*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835241-Voice-Overs--This-Time-of-Year
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#835241 added December 1, 2014 at 10:27pm
Restrictions: None
Voice Overs & This Time of Year
Today's blogs....

Blog City – Day 273


Prompt: You probably heard about the voice-over in movies, radio, and TV, kind of like putting words in one’s mouth. Sometimes, people do that to each other. They start with, ”She said” and they tell what seems to be the most appropriate to them, and not what the person they are quoting has said. What do you think about this kind of a voice-over and/or has anyone done that to you?

This is a prompt that had me unsure of what is expected. I have looked at a few other responses to see where other people went with this. One person talked about being misunderstood when others have put their twist on what they think - I can not remember really experiencing that.

Another person mentioned the voice over of someone reading a letter while the actor / actress reads = The Lake House with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock is a favourite that uses this technique. I loved it.

Welcome To My Reality – Week Fifty!


7. What do you love about this time of year? What do you hate about this time of year?

Christmas is a favourite time of year. A time of year when people let goodwill swirl around them. Kindness rises up and people are just a like more friendly. I like the lights and the festive decor. I like the traditions we have developed and family connectedness.

I do not like the commercialism of it all. It has gotten way out of hand and the meaning of the season is often lost with the whirlwind of people 'freaking out' about getting their shopping done or finding the 'perfect' gift.

Sometimes all that is needed is just spending time together and let go of 'I want". Too often after Christmas I find I have things that never find a place in my house. I am almost positive my husband has a Christmas bag of gifts that he has never touched since they arrived home last year.


© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly - aka Joan Watson (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly - aka Joan Watson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835241-Voice-Overs--This-Time-of-Year