*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787408-Day-twenty-four-my-kingdom
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#787408 added July 24, 2013 at 3:43pm
Restrictions: None
Day twenty-four: my kingdom
You know last Friday I said I was off work now for 6 weeks? I lied - more to myself than anyone else. I forgot about the end of this week. Tomorrow, I have my first meeting as a trustee of the English Federation of Disability Sport. I’ve just been attempting to read through all 200 pages of “stuff” they sent me. I reached the financial section and just had to walk away – I’ve ended up cooking fish fingers and chips. Its 3pm. Who does that? This is what happens when I am not working! Madness occurs.

So I’m about to eat my “snack” and am longing to write this blog and do fun stuff on WDC. But I have to look like I, at least, might have given this stuff a glance tomorrow. I’ll return to play after I’ve done my homework…

********


Well, I read it all. The financial section wasn’t too long and a pretty interesting research paper followed it. Although, I to skim read it as I found myself picking out all the grammatical errors.

To the prompt… Ohh no! After having to read serious stuff, my imagination has disappeared!

Prompt for day twenty-four: You are given the opportunity to create a kingdom of which you are the sole ruler. How would you design your kingdom? Keep in mind things like government, religion, education, etc.

A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!

for blog
The Kingdom of Colour and Words



Unique attributes:

*StarG*All public walkways will be made of marble or smooth stone to make it easier for manual wheelchair users to wheel around (because I can and my arms ache!)

*StarR*All sporting activities (i.e. swimming) shall be free at the point of entry. Using fundraising schemes to keep the institutions running. Suggested 5% tax for locals and 15% for those from other realms.

*StarP*All citizens shall be encouraged to do some form of volunteering

*StarY*Every home has to have a bright colour on it’s exterior


Government:

*StarV*Elected presidents for terms of 6 years 5 months and three days precisely.

*StarB*All canvassing to be carried out via Youtube and election decided by live telephone vote hosted by Kevin Bacon.

*StarG*President must wear his/hear crown and ceremonial cloak at all times except every third Thursday, as determined by random calendar ballot carried out by state lottery.


Religious issues:

*StarR*No religion shall be inferior – all faiths and beliefs have equal weight and freedom of speech provided there is no interference with other persons of any kind.

*StarP*All subjects to have the right to freedom of thought, conscience and belief.

*StarV*All religious buildings and areas shall be open to all to be enjoyed and respected.

*StarB*Learning of different faiths and belief systems encouraged as spiritual enlightenment sought after at all times.


Education:

*StarY*Reading at school shall be compulsory – there will be dedicated reading times every day

*StarG*Children will be encouraged to be creative and think for themselves regularly

*StarO*Teachers will not merely teach by reading off power point slides


Finance:

*StarP*The formal currency will be known as squirdron

*StarV*Items may also be purchased using quotes from books, text and writings in general. Thus, encouraging citizens to be very well read.


© Copyright 2013 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787408-Day-twenty-four-my-kingdom