*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787198-Day-twenty-one-weekly-review
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#787198 added July 21, 2013 at 9:04am
Restrictions: None
Day twenty-one: weekly review

Prompt for day twenty-one:
Blog. Tell us about your week. Include your favorite blog entry from your fellow challengers from the preceding week and, most importantly, why.


Technically this week has been pretty dull. Not much happened on Monday and Tuesday, that I can think of anyway.

On Wednesday we had visitors. Is the couple we met in Cuba last year while we were on holiday. They are lovely people really, but they have a few habits that tend to start to grate after a while. For example, the guy is a fitness and health freak - everything will revolve around food. When they arrived he had a protein shake with a banana and cereal bar. Then we went out for some lunch - he had jacket potato (with cheese, beans and bacon) to start and then a seafood risotto. But, oh no, this wasn't enough! We had to believe our lovely sunny spot by the river to go to the supermarket to get him some more food. He proceeded to scoff down two whole meal deals (so two big sandwiches, two packets of crisps and two bottles of water) and this was all before 4 p.m!! He also spent a long time talking about his food intake and why he did what he did. I, on the other hand, spent a long time thinking "I was an athlete for 14 years - I am fully aware of the reasons for certain levels of food intake - a.k.a. give it a rest!"

Thursday: ohh Thursday. I was working from 8:30 which meant I had to be up by 6 AM as the school was 70 miles away. I was working until 1:30 PM and then I had to pretty much drive all the way home to pick up my friend to go to a Rihanna concert which was 80 miles away! I feel I ought to point out here that I was not Overly keen on going to this concert but I had agreed to go months ago so felt I had very little choice in the matter.
Rihanna, in my eyes, was rubbish! When I go to a gig/concert I go there to see the person performing/singing. She did neither of these things particularly well - unless you count singing on word of every line and not even try to pretend. Therefore, I spent the whole time thinking I could be in bed! I don't think I would have minded so much if I hadn't been working on Friday as well. Knowing that I wouldn't get home until about 2 AM and then would have to get up again at 6 AM just worried me!

Indeed, as I said yesterday, I was so tired on Friday that I felt sick and as if I had a hangover! Yuck. I reckon the school was satisfied with my work but I knew it definitely was not my greatest performance! Oh well!

I have not really done that much with the weekend. I now have six weeks off work so I do not want to peak too soon ;)

As I have already said, I really struggled with this week's blogging and prompt as seemed to be suffering with an imagination block (having said that, I came up with my first idea for a story in ages - I really ought to write it down before I forget). However, my lovely fellow 30DBC blogger have been doing a wonderful job and its been really hard to choose a favourite post. However, I think I'm going to go with:

Elle - on hiatus 's "A slow week... not only because i was stupidly impressed that she was able to write a poem that involved so many song titles - but they were great song choices too.

I think I'm now going to head to the store for some Mojito mix (heeeheee) then get cracking on a ton of reviews I'd planned to do!

© Copyright 2013 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787198-Day-twenty-one-weekly-review