*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786312-Day-seven-my-week-review
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#786312 added July 7, 2013 at 5:49pm
Restrictions: None
Day seven: my week review
Well, while I wait for the Wimbledon men' s final to begin, which is due to be in about one hour or so, I thought I would make it start on today's blog. I am pretty excited about the tennis, I have to say. It is very rare that a British person does so well in sports like tennis or, indeed, football. But today we have a British guy in the final (Andy Murray) and he has quite a good chance - at least I hope so.

Please excuse any weird mistakes you may find while reading this, if I type too much I get really sore hands and wrists. So, I recently invested in DragonDictate so I don' t need to type so much. However, it is still getting used to my voice and can sometimes interpret what I stay in a very bizarre way. Mind you, considering I have a speech impairment, I think it is doing a very good job. How ironic that it struggled to understand me saying "speech impairment" just then *Wink*

Prompt for day seven: Blog. Tell us about your week. Include your favourite blog entry from your fellow challengers from the preceding week and, most importantly, why.

It is funny, my weeks can either be very interesting or very boring. I actually think this week has fallen through the gap and I am not entirely sure how to rate it.

The main problem this week is that I have been ill. It is typical that I would be ill during one of my busiest weeks of the month! As I said earlier in the week, it is hard for me to take time off work when I am ill because I am self employed and I mostly work in schools. So, if I didn't go to work I wouldn't earn any money and I would let down loads of students.
Unfortunately, I had to cancel a visit to a school on Thursday. I hated having to cancel and felt incredibly guilty. But on the drive to the school (approx 1hr 20mins away) I realised that I could barely speak, and given that my job is basically a motivational speaker, I figured this was probably a good time to admit defeat!

The day before I was working with a new company for the first time. This meant working in London and speaking to a primary school (for non-British folks this is age 5-11) of 400 students. I’m not a fan of driving in London and I don’t normally work in primary schools – I only really do secondary schools (ages 11-18). So, I wasn’t feeling the passion when I woke up that morning, and that’s without feeling really rough! Now, technically I live an hour away from London and one hour 30 from where I had to be. However, the traffic is so bad in London that you need to double your travel time – or in this case add two hours. Needless to say, by the time I got there I was late, grumpy, feeling pretty rubbish and in no mood to be entertaining children! Because I was late, I missed seeing this amazing display the school kids had done for me (I feel really bad for missing it)

** Image ID #1030240 Unavailable **

Anyway, the visit went really well and I had some fantastic feedback. So, I felt awful for not putting more into it – maybe it’d have been awesome. But we cannot help being ill, I suppose.

I should point out here that it has taken me about 2.5 hours to get to this point in the blog. The tennis build distracted me and the match is one of the best I’ve ever seen. The British guy is winning … so far! I hope I don’t jinx it!

Back to Thursday: other than going back to bed, I spent the day waiting for an important/exciting phone call. I was waiting to hear whether I was successful in my application to sit on the Board of one of the major disability sport organisations in the UK. I was, indeed, successful! Everyone already on the Board voted me on without question. I’m very excite but more than a little bit scared – if I’m honest.

I think that might be it in terms of my week and things worth writing about. Well, there is the 30-Day Blogging Challenge, of course! I’ve really enjoyed the first week, having got further than I thought I would – haha positive thinking, huh! I just hope I can continue and do the full 30 days. I’m enjoying the contest because, not only does it make me write something every day but it allows me to read other blogs and see how others use the prompts. That part of the contest is something that I am finding incredibly interesting. Although, all the other blogs I read are far better than mine ;)

Now, apparently, according to the prompt, I have to talk about my favourite blog post from one of my “competitors” and discuss why it is so. I have a feeling I may struggle with this part of the blog – all posts have been brilliant thus far.

OK, whilst Andy Murray has been winning Wimbledon (wooo), I have been deciding on my favourite blog post. I think I have to choose:

"Wildcard Monday: The Rules for using Magical Chalk by Prosperous Snow celebrating

I’ve chosen this because I was so impressed at her ability to write such a fantastic acrostic so quickly! It just shows her ability, skill and creativity!

© Copyright 2013 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786312-Day-seven-my-week-review