*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765510-The-Reason-for-Logic---Firefly-cross-over
by ~MM~
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fanfiction · #1902844
Shelf space for Blake's 7 fanfic
#765510 added November 10, 2012 at 7:57pm
Restrictions: None
The Reason for Logic - Firefly cross-over
“I simply fail to see how it is logical.  Pre-atomic English has been accepted as the standard language throughout the allied Federation for nearly two hundred years.  Indeed, that is why it is known as Standard.  What possible benefit can there be in swearing in Chinese?  And butchered Chinese at that.”





Jayne stared blankly.  “Wotcha mean logical.  It’s swearing; it ain’t menna be goram logical.”  He shifted his gun uncomfortably.  For once he’d actually be glad to see that shee-niou doc back onboard.  Jus’ what Mal was a-thinking takin’ in this fast talkin’ prisoner, with his swanky clothes and goram posh voice?  Jus’ like the goram doc.  They’d probab’y get on.  Or even get it on.  Jayne smirked.  Yessum, that was it.  Goram prisoner like this one was bound-a be that away inclined.





“Not meant to be logical…”  Avon sighed, like he was in pain or sum’int.  “Yes, I suppose that does sum up humanity rather well.  Millennia of understanding and teaching, from the most primitive of hunter-gatherers to intergalactic space travel – and mankind still feels obliged to express itself in meaningless expletives and gratuitous…blather.” 








Writing dragon signature
© Copyright 2012 ~MM~ (UN: miget_mushroom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
~MM~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765510-The-Reason-for-Logic---Firefly-cross-over