*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744072-Day-Twelve
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1523686
Nothing like a fortune cookie to make a year intriguing.
#744072 added January 12, 2012 at 11:01pm
Restrictions: None
Day Twelve:
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS by: Bonnie14222
The Prompt: We have seen significant technological advancements in our time. Sites like TED and Big Think offer amazing ideas. What do you think will be the next big thing?
The Music: "Funky Good Time" - James Brown


Intriguing prompt! I dig it. *Bigsmile*

First -- TED is a geek's paradise. If you've never been to the website, you should really check it out. One of my favorite discussions is by enthnobotanist Wade Davis. His story is a graduate student's dream/nightmare - being told by your professor to go check something out (how to make zombies) in a foreign country you have no idea of about (Haiti). Can you really say no to that? He wrote "The Serpent and the Rainbow"; not the crappy horror movie from the 1980s, but the book about his experiences in becoming a part of the Vodun culture while finding out how to make zombies.

Second -- I have no idea what the next big thing is, but can tele-portation is high on my list. "You have the deck, Number One." This would definitely make my life easier. I can go bug my little brother after class in California, scare my guy in Michigan, hop over to Paris for dinner, and be back before the midnight hour. My only reservations on this is how particle displacement will probably hurt like a mother. I'm not sure I get behind being shred to bits over and over again.

Third -- my family has been secretly working on project for the disposable medic bubble. When my grandfather was in the hospital, my Uncle P-- commented on how the hospital was built inefficiently. There were several people in a narrow hallway, terribly sick, while the entrance lobby was wide enough to play a pick-up basketball game with full bleachers. My father began talking about triage and the spread of germs and how there need to be a way for doctors to be able to treat patients in clean, sterile environment that could easily contain different illness and not spread anything to other sick patients. Easy to build, easy to clean up. Disposable Medic Bubble. Give it ten-years; we might be on to something.


*Clef* We're gonna have a funky good time! *Clef*

© Copyright 2012 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744072-Day-Twelve