*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729062-Audra-Random-Ralls---has-a-nice-ring-to-it
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#729062 added July 19, 2011 at 10:15am
Restrictions: None
Audra "Random" Ralls - has a nice ring to it
Here is your prompt for Day #18:

The title of my blog is "Life is random...and so am I". Write about how you've experienced the randomness of life. It could be any (or all) of the following:

A random act or experience
A random encounter/meeting with a friend of a friend of a friend (like the Six Degrees of Separation theory)
Synchronicity that you've witnessed


Maybe the whole world is just random, because I know I feel that i'm a random person with random occurences to the point that they have lost their shock factor.

Let's look at number 1. A random act or experience -- I'm going to go with a random act of kindness. Ahhhh crap maybe not - it's going to make me cry -- niceness is crazy like that. One morning at school, I found an envelope in my purse with $100.00. Now mind you I'm not "poor", but as a single mother on a teacher's salary, I do make sacrifices, but they are sacrificies I don't mind because I love my son and my job. I didn't set out on my career path to be a millionaire. I wondered why or who would have put money in my purse. Though my students are wonderful they are still at the "all about themselves" stage, and very very very few of them have access to $100.00. Finally, a fellow teacher (who I know doesn't have an abundant about of money) pulled me aside after she could tell it was bothering me. (Great here come the dang tears --- now). She explained that she saw herself in my son, and her mother in me - that growing up their situations had been very similar and her mom had always put her own needs last. It was her way of now being able to give back. She then requested that I not pay bills with the money, but do something for myself. I agreed reluctantly. . . I know she could see it in my eyes. Thinking the moment was over and I could go cry in the bathroom stall, she then pulled out 2 tickets to a hockey game with another $25 for parking and snacks. This was more than I could handle, tears slid down my cheeks. It was a mixture of pride, shame, thankfullness, and utter confusion of all the emotions. Jenny, (the teacher), and I had only known each other a couple of months. She was new to the school and I'd been helping her get adjusted and learning the ropes so to speak.

I was honest with my son who was 13 at the time about where the tickets and money had come from. He has a really good heart himself, so I think he understood even better than I did. At the hockey game we had $20 to spend on "junk" after $5.00 for parking. Heading toward the nachos, one of his favorites, I was prepared to pay the overpriced fee for nachos and Dr. Pepper. Reese stopped at a kiosk on the way that was selling Christmas ornaments disabled kids had made as a fund raiser. He asked for the money. Handing the man the $20.00, he told him to keep the change. I think the ornmaments were like $2.00 a piece. He took one that resembled an apple. The next day he became James Bond and sneaked into Jenny's room and put the ornament and a picture he had taken of us at the game on his phone in her purse.

Okay, that's all I'm saying because I'm crying dadgumit. It could be PMS because I refuse to admit I have any real feeling beyond humor.

Audra

© Copyright 2011 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729062-Audra-Random-Ralls---has-a-nice-ring-to-it