*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723026-Waiting-For-the-Vitamin-C-to-Kick-In
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1523686
Nothing like a fortune cookie to make a year intriguing.
#723026 added April 29, 2011 at 9:52pm
Restrictions: None
Waiting For the Vitamin C to Kick In
"Rusted brandy in a diamond glass
Everything is made from dreams
Time is made from honey slow and sweet
Only the fools know what it means...
"
~Tom Waits, "Temptation"
Currently listening to: "Temptation" - Diana Krall
Currently reading: "Scar Night" - Alan Campbell


There are many ways to make a project seem endless. I'm trying to finish (more like start) my last project for Archaeology this weekend. However, the nice confluence of Aristotelian events occurred that have me pushing this thing up the hill at the last possible moment. Procrastination and me are best friends, don't get me wrong. It's just that I didn't want to be in the position I am currently in right now. Next week, absolutely. A couple of months from now, sure. At this very moment, no. I'm just too damn tired to think to really do this.

The tiredness is kind of my fault. Starting on Saturday, after an afternoon compiling my research, I had a nice night out with friends for a quick movie ("Jane Eyre" - just lovely) followed by a restless, night with barely any sleep. Easter was peachy. I felt like was hit by a pick-up truck and had to make nice with people who take religion to an extreme. Luckily, it was really laid back, one of the first I can remember since my eldest brother had gotten married. Came back and crashed briefly before purposely taking medication to help me sleep. Usually, the over-the-counter stuff isn't bad. I think I wanted it too much to work. It took forever and I spent much of the night up with my mom while she went through some pain issues. I finally passed out, woke up eleven hours later, too much of the day gone and feeling like snow was swimming in my veins.

After years of playing chicken with my sleep, one would figure I would be better at this game. I'm not playing chicken with the ever-engaging dilemma that is my sleep cycle. I'm going to power through the evening, head to class tomorrow, doze, then power through again to class, muscle through the three hours of presentations and potluck food, donate blood, then pass out. There's a paper due on Friday for my Developmental Psych class but that'll have to wait until Thursday 'cause only so many brain cells can be dedicated to one thing.

If only the vitamins would kick in...

© Copyright 2011 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723026-Waiting-For-the-Vitamin-C-to-Kick-In