*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718138-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1752853
Lyllian is forced to confront not only her prejudices, but also herself
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#718138 added February 19, 2011 at 5:31pm
Restrictions: None
Prologue
Prologue

The terran kneeled before his master, waiting tolerantly in silence for him to speak. After several long moments his demon master replied in acrid tones, “Yes…I have seen it. It is the Fayleen child. You should have all you require, do you not?”

“Yes my lord.”

“Once you have completed the task, assuming she survives, you will bring her to me. Is that clear?”

“She?” the terran sounded confused as he had expected it to be the boy.

“Do you question me?” the authority in his voice said his will was to be obeyed unfailingly.

“My apologies my lord, I was merely surprised.”

He had understood that they would need him to accomplish this goal, and he had only been too willing. He was prepared to assist in whatever way would bring pain and anguish to Unarsh Fayleen. He was just a child when he first heard the news of his brother’s death, and he vowed since that day that he would seek retribution against the one he held responsible. What better way to seek that revenge than upon one’s children? Nevertheless, he had anticipated it would be the boy and would now need to alter his plan somewhat to accommodate the younger girl.

“If you succeed, you will be greatly rewarded,” the demon added, though to the terran, the pain he would inflict on the Fayleen family would be more than reward enough.

“Thank you, sir,” he said, preparing to excuse himself.

“Terran,” the demon called after him, “If you fail, I will make you wish you had never existed. Do I make myself clear?”

He took a moment before responding, “Perfectly.”

© Copyright 2011 Nebu10us (UN: nebu10us at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Nebu10us has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718138-Prologue