*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703284-Defining-Leaders---Article-by-Colin-Goedecke-Comments
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by AmyR
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1696664
Thoughts, loves, quirks, rants and inspiration!
#703284 added August 5, 2010 at 11:08pm
Restrictions: None
Defining Leaders - Article by Colin Goedecke Comments
What a great article. True leadership is something that has been lacking within all of the facets of our country. It seems that so many people are just trying to stay either just below the radar or they are such a huge blip that they drown out everyone else.


There are two things I have seen in all of my hero's.





1.) They lead by example -


This sounds so elementary but it is not followed or even attempted. Those that I have seen come into a leadership role within my business and or our country have primarily gotten there through extreme ambition and arrogance. Their support grows out of the mastery of PR and all of those who want the same 'spotlight'. The followers hanging on the coat tails bringing others (those who fly beneath the radar) along. this all in the hope that one day something good will happen.





2.) They fight the good fight. -


This is a phrase I have picked up over the years working in the corporate world. There are those who fight the good fight and those who do not.





Fighting the good fight means that if you come across something that is wrong, damaging, unethical, and or misleading you don't look away, you don't pass it off. You stand up and do everything you can do to fix it. Now this does not mean shouting 'FIRE' and or even placing blame and then leaving it to someone else to fix. This means taking a real look at how it happened, why it happened and how to ensure it doesn't happen again. Becoming an active part of the solution, not to gain political ground, or PR spin but because it is simply the right thing to do.





These two traits, applied to any industry, any facet of any one person's life if embraced can be a real sign of leadership. Those who actively live by these things, who are not scared of making waves in the pursuit of a little justice for the greater good are the leaders we need. These are the people we need to support. The people who are truly trying to make a difference within our companies, our governments and our everyday lives. Too many of us are just trying to ' win the rat race ' or speeding to the top. The top means nothing if you didn't even look at the stairs of understanding and experience you climbed on the way up.





Okay that is my 2 cents.





Again, great article, please check it out.








http://tenowls.blogspot.com/2010/08/defining-leaders.html

© Copyright 2010 AmyR (UN: amyromine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyR has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703284-Defining-Leaders---Article-by-Colin-Goedecke-Comments