*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701214-A-Simple-Act-Of-Compassion
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#701214 added July 10, 2010 at 1:07pm
Restrictions: None
A Simple Act Of Compassion~
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

... when I was hungry, you fed me.
When I was thirsty, you gave me a drink.
I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home.

~The Bible(Matthew 25:34-36)

It's been awhile since I blogged. Time just hasn't been my friend and life has been calling me elsewhere. Yet, I thought to share a story of a long time friend of mine, who every day, feeds some stray cats where he works. Each morning, religiously, before he starts works he sets down food for a mother cat and her babies to eat and receive some nourishment. He comes in early just so he can accomplish this task. He doesn't look for anything in return from them. His love and dedication is unconditional. A perfect example of how we should all be.
It needs to be remembered that what you do to your brother, you do to yourself. If I honor my brother...then it is, I honor myself. Remember: Mitakuye Oyasin! In Lakota, it means that we are all connected. We are all related. Just thought to place this out as a reminder this day, and to give 'honor' to my friend and brother. Wishing you peace in your moments ~ *Heart*

My 'Gift' Of Song For You This Day~
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701214-A-Simple-Act-Of-Compassion