*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700683-Yesterdays-Gift
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#700683 added July 2, 2010 at 2:37pm
Restrictions: None
Yesterday's Gift~
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Love is the very essence of life.
It is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Yet it is not found only at the end of the rainbow.
Love is at the beginning also, and from it springs the beauty
that arched across the sky on a stormy day.

~ Gordon B. Hinckley

A beautiful afternoon for you out there, and may you have a safe and happy weekend...although it must be remembered that the freedom of your ancestors from their perils meant the bondage of others of whom this land was taken from. Something to think about anyway!
And well...yesterday's venture brought me over to downtown Rapid City where every Thursday evening they have a festival called, 'Summer Nights'. A time well spent! Aside from sharing some photos with you of the festival itself, I wanted to share this 'gift' given to me last night as I was leaving. Oddly, as I was taking this photo, a friend of mine...Clark, came to my mind. The memory of last summer and bringing him to the Cornerstone Mission as an eye opening experience for him, came to mind. I recalled how he had taken many photographs while there...and then my phone rang as I had just finished taking this shot. I fumbled to find my phone that was buried in my bag and there he was. He had just called. Surprisingly, as he was phoning me to let me know he was in town again, he looked up to see this beautiful rainbow. Talk about 'Magical' moments! *Delight*
And well...since I am not familiar with getting them to 'rotate'...I will just share them as is...

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **



...and the band played! *Delight* can't remember the name of the band, but I thought they were very good!

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

I happened to catch my friend, John helping to set up for the Summer Night's Festival.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

...and I know I have shared with you about my friend, Paul celebrating another year of being cancer-free. He was also on hand to enjoy this festival. *Delight*
Wishing I had more time to share more, but unfortunately I don't have it. Yet...It was a wonderful evening spent!

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


My 'Gift' Of Song For You This Day~
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700683-Yesterdays-Gift