*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699748-Summer-Yet
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#699748 added June 21, 2010 at 8:55am
Restrictions: None
Summer Yet?....
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

In riding a horse, we borrow freedom
~ Helen Thompson

A beautiful morning...too bad I have to work! *Laugh* There are days when my mind wanders, and I say to myself, "Oh mannn..If I could only just enjoy my life more...like travel around this earth." Then I realize I can...and do! On this Computer, I get to reach out into other lands and visit with other people! Pretty cool if you ask me! *Bigsmile* Sometimes though..I'd just like to reach out and touch someone...oh well *Rolleyes*...this will have to do. Just let me know what kind of a day I'd be having if I were there with you. I'd like to know if I am missing something or not! *Delight*
Over here..life is good! Yesterday was set aside for Father's. I sort of visited with Father Sun and pay my respects...My company was setting off to leave yesterday morning, and I decided to have them follow me over to my friends for a little visit before they ventured back home. Laura was playing the cute little 'suzy homemaker' and Austin was out rounding up cattle. I snapped this of him as the sun was just right...ohhh...I added some color into it and fixed it up a bit, but thought it came out pretty darn good.
We all got to talking about riding horses and herding cattle. Austin made mention of it being a 'temporary' freedom...a comment of which our dear Laura took offense to, but I understood what he really meant. I love that feeling of 'freedom'!
I've heard it said that cows are dumb, but you knowww...I don't think they really are. They have those who stand and face the sun...then they have the 'feelers' as I call them. Those are the ones who lay down and will know when a storm is coming...even an earthquake. I remember reading a story not too long ago, about some cows going into the slaughter house...one of them ran for his life and it took them forever to round it up. It was decided that it should be saved just for all the effort it made for its freedom. They do have feelings, and I am thinking perhaps it's not a good idea to be eating them anymore, so as soon as my freezer is empty of meat, I will give up on eating meat. Can you imagine the horror they must feel before being killed?! I personally think that everyone should feel 'good' myself.
And well...coffee cups empty and I'm thinking I need to get a move-on! Heyyy!!!...Is it the first day of Summer?! *Delight* I tell ya...Life is Good!!! *Heart*

My 'Gift' of Song For You This Day~ I just love these commericials! I think they are soooo funny! *Laugh*
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699748-Summer-Yet