*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692292-Easter
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1631466
"Still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise."
#692292 added April 5, 2010 at 9:20pm
Restrictions: None
Easter
((The Music))
No music today. Come back tomorrow, and I'll bring you something. *Wink*

((The Life))
Easter has been an interesting day so far.

Everything started out weird. The Munchkin and I were going to go to mass, then head over to the convent for dinner. The ladies (and F, poor guy lol) were going to have a small ceremony for Junie in her garden and plant her ashes there. It was going to be a simple affair, which was a nice idea.

Except the Munchkin has a case of the stomach flu.

Not to bring down the festivities we decided not to attend church or dinner as we were both afraid she might upchuck. So, I put her back to bed with some Advil and the trashcan next to her bedside, wondering what I was going to do about dinner.

There was a pork shoulder in the freezer, so I plopped that on a plate to defrost, and in the midst of checking the freezer for some vegetables, an earthquake erupted.

An. Earthquake.

Growing up in California, you become accustomed to these things. I was more annoyed than anything else. Didn't the earth understand I was trying to make Easter dinner here out of nothing? Jeez...

After forty-five seconds of shakes and rolls, I got back down to business. Except, there was nothing going with the pork. This is where I hung my head in dismay. Fortunately, there's a Target up the hill, and for some odd reason I thought they might be open. As about a dozen cars drove past me while I was walking, I wasn't the only one.

Not so much.

I ended up walking around for a while, going to three different stores, before finding the small mercado a couple blocks down open. They didn't have necessarily what I needed as they specialize in Mexican ingredients, but I was able to get some great avocados, the perfect ripeness.

Easter dinner ended up being slow roasted pork and guacamole with chips. Popsicles for dessert. Just the way grandma use to make...It was the perfect meal to such an odd day.

Can't wait to see what happens next year.

© Copyright 2010 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692292-Easter