*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/666332-Two-medallions
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#666332 added September 5, 2009 at 7:29pm
Restrictions: None
Two medallions
"The difference between Michael Jackson, Ted Kennedy and me is that they were flawed individuals who contributed much to society... and I am a flawed individual who has not..." KE

I guess my point was that one doesn't have to have to be perfect and perhaps we should focus more on what sustenance is given by an apple than how many worms were in it when we ate it. One best enjoys apple cider when one is ignorant of how it is made.

"and yet I too gave what I could."

Two medallions

Earth wears her jewelry one piece at a time. By day, a beaming gold orb brightens our sight, at night a pale medallion hangs from a string of pearls, the gift of the stars.

Here between tall dark pines, one doesn't see the sun set, only feels that it's being put away as a silver platter rises over mountains to the east, a tint of peach on distant clouds. It's calm and quiet, almost peaceful, except for mosquitoes that I long to swat. Then do.

Brown earth of mole mounds, grass only green in the shade, damp near the ditch. Ants meander beneath halos of hawkeyes now gone to seed, today's yellow rays closed up, gone to bed. The sky loses its color; leaves high in the tulip tree flutter.

I have eaten my fig bar, finished drinking my milk, I solemnly wait. A donkey brays in the distance; a train blows its horn.

This day has worn out its welcome.

Faint smells, faint sounds, faint sight. The senses betray me with age as we-both lose our grip and slide into night. Oh, for the moon!

...the eternal horizon of night.

         moon-rise
         two medallions
         the sun sets

© Kåre Enga [166.192.J2144-5] 2009-09-02

Our 'homework'... to toast Lance at sunset on his eternal journey. Written in my journal, edited here.



Me

Yesterday was one of feeding lamb's quarters and peas to the chickens and saying hello to the neighbor's black and white dog Finn.

Gavin, Becca and Bella all went home. I didn't go and therefore didn't get to see Jennifer who's still sick.

Being here... is tranquil, but very isolating.

Images: yellow hawkeye, buttercups, dahlias; the taste of blackberry off the vine, one strawberry popped in the mouth, one pea pod; the wandering vines of squash, of blackberry, of maple; meandering ants and a molestation of mosquitoes, one lone spider (where were you when I needed you?).

Blogville

Worried that your entry is boring? Go read one that is entertaining!
Worried that your life is boring? Read about other people's lives!
Wanna trade? *Shock* I didna think so...

Washington: 62° and damp at 10 a.m. in Monroe.
17,485

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/666332-Two-medallions