*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/659498-Spark-of-Inspiration
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#659498 added July 17, 2009 at 6:26am
Restrictions: None
Spark of Inspiration
I had a bit of inspiration quite early yesterday morning. For some weird, unknown reason I feel the need to write a Young Adult book. Go figure.

I remember when I was in my teens how reading Young Adult books never did it for me. Often times I could never relate to the main character of the novel. None of them every looked like me. None of them lived how I had lived. And more times than not, their personalities didn't mesh well with mine. During that awkward period I wanted so very much to have someone to identify with. When none came, I switched to over to Adult fiction with all of its weird quarks and such. At least with the expansion of Adult fiction I could find writing a bit more my style.

If I ride out this spark of inspiration (there are a few ideas I want to work with) then I want to be able to write a book for the girl like me. I'm not looking to charm the masses or get famous from my writing. My one hope is that the book I write gets to the girl or boy who's feeling awkward and alone. When they read what I've imagined they can feel somewhat connected to the character, saying to themselves, "Wow, finally someone who's like me."

Its a long stretch, I know. But if I can go with the idea maybe something great can be born from the flame.

© Copyright 2009 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/659498-Spark-of-Inspiration