*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/658801-Hiatus
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#658801 added July 12, 2009 at 5:47pm
Restrictions: None
Hiatus
Today is the last day to enter in "The Elementalist Contest for the next month. I figured it was time to cut some thing off and whittle down my to-do list. There are campfire entries to write, reviews to be made, and writing to be done to keep my sanity. Between classes and weirdness I haven't really had time for much, but I know more than anyone that time doesn't simply come to you because you wish for it. If you want the time you have to make it yourself.

I'm halfway through my summer courses. By next weekend my Bio Anthro class will be finished, which will give me more of a chance to focus on my Psych class. Still, although my body is here my mind seems to be somewhere else. Sleepless nights and harsh dreams that seem to follow have made my days longer than wise. My own personal dreams don't shine as they once did.

There's a week in August between Summer and Fall Semester that I have off. Originally, I was planning a somewhat spur-of-the-moment trip, however the plans for that fell through much to my dismay. I figure that I'll take that week to refocus on my writing, to try and do something that will get me back on board with reality. Hell, if I'm desperate enough, I might head back to Purgatory (Bakersfield) and visit my little brother.

If I truly have a spirit than my spirit feels awfully old. I'm running pretty low on hope, on believing that all these years have meant something. I can't even call this depression as I remember what that feels like. This is just a deep-bone sense of tired that seems utterly ridiculous for a twenty-one year old girl.

So me and my friend Hiatus are going to hook up for a while. Maybe I can finally make sense of things once I'm through it all. Hey, that's hopeful, right?

© Copyright 2009 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/658801-Hiatus