*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/654382-Virginia-is-for-RenFaires
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#654382 added June 13, 2009 at 9:27pm
Restrictions: None
Virginia is for RenFaires
Today, we went to the Virginia Renaissance Festival.

Yes, I willingly and purposefully ventured outdoors. The horror.

Now, I can deal with the overpriced merchandise, the starving actors, the pseudo-medieval shows, and the food. Some of it is actually quite amusing.

What I can't deal with are the silly fake accents.

They don't even try to fake a British accent, even though the theme of this one is supposedly set in England. No, they have to come up with their own accents, which I henceforth call Fairish.

Fairish is a lot like English, with a lot of milords and miladys thrown in, rounded second-syllable vowels, and with a rising tone at the end of each sentence as if they're asking perpetual questions.

The first time you hear one, it's amusing, the second time, it's quaint. The third and subsequent times, I want to punch someone.

Other than that, though, it was a good time. I might joust do it again next year *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2009 Waltz en France (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Waltz en France has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/654382-Virginia-is-for-RenFaires