*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651665-The-Challenge
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#651665 added May 26, 2009 at 2:53pm
Restrictions: None
The Challenge
In my enduring wisdom *insert snicker* I decided to enter Octobersun's "14 Days, 7 Prompts, 1 Story Contest. I have to say I'm pretty out of shape when it comes to writing. I've been focused on other things for so long its a tiny bit pathetic. But I've made most of my deadlines, kind of, and am almost able to say that I finished the freaking thing.

The problem, however, is that I wait so damn long to post that I don't allow myself a chance to check for mistakes. This part is a bitch because I really need to edit this bad boy. The mistakes are glaring. So glaring, in fact that I know almost for certain that I won't be winning anything this contest round. But I feel this exercise is like quilting in a sense. The quilting comes around for me during the winter time. The first few rows of stitches are pure crap, but once you get a feel for it all the skill comes back.

My writing isn't terrific normally, but the writing in this piece is pretty bad. Once this thing is over I'm going to edit it to death until I feel it is somewhat up to par.

The other problem is that my original plot idea affords for a much larger piece that the slot given. The next time I try to write for this, which I will do because its fun, I have to come up with something a little shorter than necessary. As it is, I'm going to have to cut the ending short, which cuts down on the arc of the story.

If you feel the inclination to read it, you can check out here:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1550112 by Not Available.

© Copyright 2009 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651665-The-Challenge