*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/631343-Grab-Bag
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#631343 added January 22, 2009 at 4:49pm
Restrictions: None
Grab Bag
My computer is (mostly) up and running again, and I was even able to restore a lot of stuff from an old backup.

One thing I wasn't able to restore was my long list of blog fodder links. Those are gone forever, I think. Well, most of them were one-shots anyway.

But I did find the time to begin a whole new list of blog fodder, and now I shall begin to inflict them on YOU.

Let us begin with this classic Top Ten List:

http://www.evilbible.com/Top_Ten_List.htm

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

Example:

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

Good stuff, good stuff. I can only add that, contrary to popular belief, there are not two sides to every issue. Some issues have multiple sides. Most, however, aren't even "issues" at all, and thus only have one side. These include: The Earth is round, humans have walked upon the moon, the Holocaust happened, and dinosaurs disappeared an unimaginably long time before the first human picked up a wrench.

Okay, off the soapbox and on to the next link.

While we're talking about religion, I might as well also decry the excesses of Barack-is-my-redeemer-ism. Hey, guys? Chill. It's not like we elected Bruce Springsteen.

http://www.holytaco.com/guest-column-barack-obama

Now that I'm president, here's four things I want you people to stop doing...

Seriously, when I walk up to a podium, stop f*&king chanting my name like I just shredded on a three and a half minute guitar solo.

Here's a site anyone with a cat will appreciate. Hell, dog people will probably get a chuckle out of it, too, as in "Lawdy, those cat people are weird." Hey, dog people, we're not the ones following around behind our lords and masters with plastic pooper scooper bags.

Guidelines for Cats

Doors
Do not allow closed doors in any room. To get door opened, stand on hind legs and hammer with forepaws. Once door is opened, it is not necessary to use it. After you have ordered an "outside" door opened, stand halfway in and out and think about several things. This is particularly important during very cold weather, rain, snow, or mosquito season...


http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/hum1/guidelines_for_cats.htm

And I'll finish today's crop of websites you never would have otherwise found with this little offering, which will make you waste time whether you're a human or a cat. Dogs need not apply; go make your human pick up your poop now.

http://www.zefrank.com/memory/stringspin/spin_1.html


© Copyright 2009 Travelin' Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Travelin' Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/631343-Grab-Bag