*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612915-Stepping-back-into-darkness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Horror/Scary · #1484924
A mans logging of his time confined within the walls of a long forgotten Insane Asylum.
#612915 added October 14, 2008 at 10:15pm
Restrictions: None
Stepping back into darkness
Well it's been at least two hours since my run in with the bastard that tried to chew my face off. It seems what I feared the most came to be, because I'm writing this about 10 feet away from that damned door. I can still hear the groaning just like before...I"m trying to get used to it. I don't know why though......why I'm exposing myself to it again. Maybe it's the incredible desire to leave this place that's driving me forward. If it has to be something, let's hope that's it.

Well.....I think it's time. I'll finish this entry when I come out of the other side of that room. I hope to God I do.


...................



DAMMIT! One of those fucking things slashed me good. My shoulder is pretty warm from the blood. I wrapped one of my socks around the cut but it's not doing too much. I tried the cliche 'tearing a piece of your shirt off' trick, but the pain in my arm wouldn't allow it.

Jeeze, I pushed the door open quietly, gun and flashlight out and pointing ahead, and I was extremely careful not to touch one of those things. I found that as I moved forward they sort of cleared away from me making a bit of a path. It was going pretty well, but I was still on the verge of pissing myself regardless. I got to the door on the other side so I went ahead and moved a bit quicker, after all I was ready to be out of the damn room. Sure enough I bump into one of them and it goes berserk. It shrieked like the last one did and my finger squeezed the trigger. I accidentally shot one that was standing off to the left in the neck. It was too dark to see but the bullet must have shorn it's jugular because I heard a thick spatter of blood, I don't think the thing itself went down though. Well only seconds after I fired the shot I felt a set of claws rip through the skin above my shoulder blade. I dove out of the door ahead of me and just as I'd hoped, the bastard didn't follow. Alright, the pain's getting a little intense....I'm gonna take a break.......gonna get away from this damn room.

© Copyright 2008 Hells_Pastry (UN: hells_pastry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hells_Pastry has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612915-Stepping-back-into-darkness