*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612914-Cor-Leonis
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Horror/Scary · #1484924
A mans logging of his time confined within the walls of a long forgotten Insane Asylum.
#612914 added October 14, 2008 at 10:14pm
Restrictions: None
Cor Leonis
I've decided to go check out the noise after all, although I knew I would eventually. I sat here and rationalized with myself until stepping into the darkness seemed like the only good idea. With my sudden wave of bravery I proceeded down the tiled hallway in the direction of the noise. I found a door about halfway down that was open a bit......and I was definitely able to hear something from inside the room. The only way I could describe it is like a low pitched steady groan, almost like machinery or something....but not. I don't know what hell the made me push the door open the rest of the way but what I saw made me regret it. A crowd of people were standing in the dark little space, all looking to their feet and creating the strange moaning sound. They were all wearing white coats or something....memories kinda fuzzy. It was so unexpected to see that I don't think it really registered in my mind for a few seconds what I was looking at. I said "hey" a few times but none of them answered. I decided to tap one on the shoulder, my common sense notably absent once again.



It looked straight up at me after I did. It had a human face, but something was...wrong. It's eyes were blank. It literally had no pupils. That not why I remember the eyes though, it's because of how angry they became.....how inhuman they became. The damn thing shrieked at me or something and started shaking around, swinging it's arms at my chest. It had like....claws or something, I'm not really sure. It's face sort of split open, making it's mouth large and wide, like a bear trap. It had rows and rows of fangs all bearing towards me. They weren't human teeth, they were jagged and black, and...dripping with something. It tried to bite my face a few times in clean snapping motions and I couldn't get my gun outta the damn holster. I sorta fell backwards out of the room and I'm lucky as hell that thing didn't follow me. I watched as the door swung shut from the force of it bouncing off the the wall after I fell into it. The toothy bastard was just standing there, growling, drooling, watching me.

Needless to say I'm back where I was sitting earlier. I've been whipping my gun from the holster every few seconds, sort of practicing so I don't mess up when I try to get it out for a good reason again. Oddly enough that.....monster back there isn't what's consuming me with fear right now. The fact that I'm considering going back in there right now is what's deeply troubling.

© Copyright 2008 Hells_Pastry (UN: hells_pastry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hells_Pastry has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612914-Cor-Leonis