*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/606335-Chapter-1-Valiant-Beast
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1472122
Evil and treachery, love and hope. An uncertain past, a dark future, no one left to trust
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#606335 added September 15, 2008 at 1:02am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1 Valiant Beast
We see a black screen. A TITLE FADES IN.

THIS WORK OF FICTION WAS INSPIRED BY A MULTITUDE OF RELIGIOUS AND MYTHICAL BELIFES.

We hear MIKKEL’S voice in the background.

MONTAG: We see the aftermath of a great horrendous war, blooded and maimed bodies litter the vast endless wasteland. We see the previous life of MIKKEL playing over his voice. We see MIKKEL when he was still alive, along with his young attractive Caucasian wife, and their young daughter. They enjoy a peaceful life even though a war rages around them. They spend their time enjoying the beauty of the countryside, a picnic, and frolicking in the endless stretch of grasslands. That is until the fatefully day, the brutal war arrives at MIKKEL and his family’s farmhouse. His wife is brutally assaulted, and killed. In addition, so is MIKKEL. His daughter is nowhere in sight.
 
MIKKEL V.O.

My armies have been slain, our lands lie in ruin. My enemies have taken everything from me, all my wealth and power…even my family…but they could not kill me. I shall come to those responsible undercover of night…and my visits shall not be kind.

FADE IN:

EXT. SAHARAN DESERT – DAY

LS - Massive swirling black storm clouds gather in the far distance over the dry, parched desert. The credits continue to roll.

MS - We see a male figure dressed in weatherworn clothing complete with matching cloak, he has the cloak hood draped over his head. We cannot see the face. The figure makes his way through the ankle deep sands.

LS – WE SEE A MASSIVE HAL-MILE TALL PILLAR OF SALT IN THE DISTANCE, THE STRUCTURE SPIRALS STRAIGHT THROUGH THE BLACK STORM CLOUDS ABOVE.

LS – WE SEE A MASSIVE CATHRDRAL-LIKE BUILDING SEATED ON TOP OF THE SALT PILLAR.

EXT SALT PILLAR – SAME

LS – WE SEE THREE SETS OF GUARDS ARMED WITH BLADED WEAPONS AND DRESSED IN ARMOR WITH LEATHER PROTECTION UNDERNEATH.

MS - We see each set has a DIFFERENT STYLE AND COLORED CLOTH STITCHED TOGETHER WITH THEIR ARMOR. The colors are Royal purple, crimson, and a dark green. An armed guard with identifying color cloth escorts each of them down the hallway.

INT CATHEDRAL HALLWAY – SAME

MS - We see PRINCE JAI`ZIN, the young prince of MIL`RUM dressed in pure white clothing with red etchings walking down one of the many cathedral hallways. We also see a mid-forty year old man dressed in royal purple clothing and a second elderly man dressed in green clothing. They are KING AGATONE and EMPEROR GUILLERMO.

EMPEROR GUILLERMO sighs heavily tilting and shaking his head. Stress lines forms on his brow. He says.

EMPEROR GUILLERMO

I don’t think this was such a good idea gentlemen – all of us here all at once…we’re to over exposed.

For the past eight months, the same masked man has attacked their kingdoms. Killing and injuring dozens in the process of stealing something of significance to the TRIO. PRINCE JAI`ZIN glances at EMPEROR GUILLERMO saying. 

PRINCE JAI`ZIN

There’s nothing to worry about emperor, there’s over three hundred heavily armed guards patrolling the grounds.

MS - We see the TRIO along with their escorts come upon a three-way intersection taking a left and continuing down that hallway.

KING AGATONE

Nevertheless, Emperor Guillermo dose have a point. Why would Chiamaka summon us to this godforsaken land?

MS - We see them continuing down the hallway, headed for their unknown destination. We hear PRINCE JAI`ZIN angrily saying.

JAI`ZIN

I for one hope that son of a bitch shows his face. I swear, for every of our men struck down I shall return a swift blow!

MS - We see the group coming upon a very large WOODEN DOUBLE-DOOR WITH STRANGE DESIGNS AND ARCANE SYMBOLS CARVED INTO THE DOOR AND FRAME. We see PRINCE JAI`ZIN approach the door and knocks three times, nothing, three more times.

MS - The double-door SLOWLY SWINGS OPEN AS IF IT HAD A WILL OF ITS OWN, we see PRIANCE JAI`ZIN guard quickly unsheathes his sword QUICKLY TAKING A STANCE IN FRONT OF PRINCE JAI`ZIN. We see more of the STRANGE ARCANE SYMBOLS AND DESIGNS strange littering the beautifully decorated chamber.

LS - We see a middle-aged bold African man standing toward the rear of the chamber near the balcony with his back facing them. He is dressed in a beautifully decorated robe with his arms held out as if welcoming an unknown presence. Without turning to them he says.

TWO-SHOT

CHIAMAKA

Come…enter gentlemen.

MS - GUILLERMO CAREFULLY SCANS THE CHAMBER INTERIOR. CHIAMAKA finally turns to his guest with a smile across his face lowering his hands and stepping off the balcony into the chamber.

GUILLERMO

Why have you summoned us here Chiamaka? It’s not safe.

CHIAMAKA

Welcome my brothers, welcome to a new era of history. (notions to their guards) Please, no weapons are allowed in my house

MS - THE TRIO sends out their armed escorts back into the hallway shutting the door behind them. KING AGATONE turns to CHIAMAKA seated on the hand carved SALT THONE asking.

AGATONE

Your message sounded urgent. Is everything okay?

Agitated at the lack of corporation from CHIAMAKA, and accompanied with his strange behavior, PRINCE JAI`ZIN ANGRILY SPLUTTERS.

JAI`ZIN

My kingdom and province was attacked Chiamaka, the bastard stole my SEAL!

EMPEROR GUILLERMO face becomes haggard with worry his eyes become filled with deep inner anxiety as he says.

GUILLERMO

My empire was attacked as well, and mine too is missing.

CHIAMAKA

Unknown forces are aligning themselves against us once again. Even our own GODS plot and scheme our demise.

O.S. – Sounds of a brutal and violent fight can be heard outside the closed door, loud thumps against the wall and door causes GUILLERMO and AGATONE to recoil in fear. JAI`ZIN turns to CHIAMAKA with a smoldering eye asking.

TWO SHOT

JAI`ZIN

What’s going on Chiamaka?

CHIAMAKA sighs heavily shutting his eyes slightly and lowering his head. He opens his eyes lifting his head answering.

CHIAMAKA

I’m afraid gentlemen…that time has grown bitterly short.

O.S. – The fighting suddenly halts just as sudden as it started. The TRIO stares at the door. Everything is eerily silent.

MS – We see the doors burst in with so much force it snaps off the hinges and falls to the floor. The same CLOAKED MALE FIGURE that we say earlier steps into the frame the hood is still concealing his identity from us. We see his dragging one of the dead guards by the left arm. He hurls the corpse to the ground dislodging the sheathed sword.

TIGHT ON SOWRD SLIDING ACROSS THE FLOOR.

PRINCE JAI`ZIN, eyes filled with unrelenting hatred looks down at the sword about two and a half steps away.

MS – We see PRINCE JA`ZIN hesitates for only an instant, before he darts for the blade picking it up and charges the CLOAKED MAN.

MS - He angrily lunges for his target, SWINGING WILDLY. THE CLOAKED FIGURE easily dodges and evades every attack thrown at him before thrusting out his right hand. A BLAST OF ENERGY COMES OUT OF HIS HAND SLAMMING INTO JAI`ZIN SENDING HIM FLYING BACK THROUGHT THE AIR SLAMMING INTO THE FAR WALL KNOCKING HIM UNCONSCIOUS.

MS - The CLOAKED MAN chuckles and begins to move in toward KING AGATONE AND EMPEROR GUILLERMO.

FILLED WITH RAGE, CHIAMAKA SHOOTS UP OUT OF HIS SEAT ANGRILY SHOUTING.

CHIAMAKA

Enough, there will be no more bloodshed in my house!

The CLOAKED MAN stops, turning his attention to CHIAMAKA saying.

TWO-SHOT

CLOAKED MAN

Then give me what I want, African.

MS - We see CHIAMAKA stand holding a SMALL WOODEN BOX WITH ANGELIC CARVINGS AND SYMBOLS. He descends the stairs coming within two feet from the CLOAKED MAN saying.

{center{ CHIAMAKA
Do not let them do this Sezni it will spell the end for all of humankind.

SEZNI scoffs removing the hood. We can now see that he is a young European man with short black hair and dark brown eyes.

SEZNI

The African who can see into a man’s heart…they told me about you. (moves toward CHIAMAKA) well take a good long look and tell me what you see.

CHIAMAKA doesn’t respond, he just stares at him. SEZNI scoffs taking the box from CHIAMAKA saying.

SEZNI

I thought so.

SEZNI turns and exits the chamber, GUILLERMO and AGATONE see to the now half-conscious JAI`ZIN.

GUILLERMO

By all that is holy – Chiamaka what have you done?

AGATONE

What could he have done? He would have still killed us.

CHIAMAKA turns and approaches them, he kneels down and checks JAI`ZIN pulse replying.

CHIAMAKA

Fear not gentlemen for even as we speak, hope is at work.

CUT TO

EXT AFRICAN VILLAGE - DAY

LS - Miles away from the scorching desert, across rolling grasslands, and sprawling rainforests, we see a small desolate village overrun by hundreds of bushes and the approaching forest.

MS - We see two men, a Caucasian and African man dressed in similar white tunics with purple finishing’s. They trek through the village, surveying the decrypted ruins and marveling at the massive skyscraping trees. BANA a mid-thirty year old and ZAID a late thirty-year-old man, BANA carries a tattered brown leather bag strapped around his shoulder.

BANA

I wonder why they needed our help? I don’t think this was a good idea, Zaid.

ZAID

Who cares, as long as they keep their end of the deal.

LS - The TWO soon reach the village graveyard, they make their way toward a mausoleum in the foreground. We see ZAID and BANA approach the mausoleum.

TIGHT ON THE WEATHER-STAINED MYSTIC CARVINGS AND ARCANE SYMBOLS ITCHED INTO THE WOODEN DOOR. ZAID stops to examine the artifacts and try to decipher their meaning before following BANA through the door.

INT MAUSOLEUM – SAME

MS - ZAID and BANA descends the stairway coming across two tombs that been demolished by some unseen force. We see them continuing pass the ruined tombs entering a second chamber.

MS - We see torches mounted all along the wall covered in cobwebs, it is clear that the chamber hasn’t been visited in quite some time.

LS - We see that invading root systems from have broken through the ceiling above.

MS - We see a large tomb with arcane and mystic symbols crudely carved onto the side of the tomb and on top of the slab. ZAID moves closer to the tomb and peers down at the symbols trying to decipher their meaning and purpose. BANA inches closer and looks over ZAID’S shoulder asking.

BANA

What do you think they mean?

MS – WE SEE A SUDDEN BURST OF WHITE LIGHT FILLING THE ROOM. WE SEE ZAID AND BANA RECOIL FROM THE INTENSITY SHIELDING THEIR EYES. WE SEE THE LIGHT DISSIPATES, ZAID, AND BANA LOWERING THEIR HANDS. We see two young attractive women standing near the tomb they are NAKITA THE SUPREME GODDESS OF ZIONIC, dressed in white garments with semi-long blond hair and hazel eyes. The other is VERONICA THE GODDESS OF THE UNDERWORLD dressed in a semi-revealing dark blue garments she has semi-long raven hair and green eyes.

VERONICA leans against the tomb with a grin on her face saying.

TWO-SHOT

VERONICA

Ya see, I told you they would already be here.

ZAID

Oh yes ma’am, my village has suffered many hardships this year.

NIKITA scoffs rolling her eyes, shooting ZAID a monstrous stare saying.

NIKITA

Save your sad story for someone who gives a damn, African. Get to work.

MS - We see ZAID and BANA move back from the tomb. NIKITA places her hands on the massive stone slab. She EFFORTLESSLY SHOVES IT TO THE FLOOR CAUSING IT TO SHATTER IN THOUSANDS OF PIECES.

MS – We see ZAID and BANA move back to the tomb peering down.

C/U - We see the HALF DECOMPOSED CORPSE of a mid-twenty year old African man with semi-long black dreadlocks and dressed in tattered black funeral clothing with sliver finishing’s. There is also an elegantly designed sheathed sword laid across his chest and a weather-stained flag sporting a strange design folded at his feet.

BANA’S eyes narrows with suspicion saying.

BANA

He only looks a few months old…

NIKITA

I assure you, he is not. For he lasted walked this earth over two thousand years ago.

C/U – We see BANA removes a clear canister of black powder from the bag, along with a jar of ink.

MS – WE SEE ZAID AND BANA BEGIN TO DRAW ALCHEMY CIRCLES AND ARCANE SYMBOLS ONTO THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE CORPSE, THE RIGHT ARM, CHEST, AND ABDOMEN.

MS - We see ZAID roll the corpse onto the left side, BANA continue to draw on the rib cage, and on the back. NIKITA pulls VERONICA off aside away from ZAID and BANA saying.

NIKITA

Make sure he says “yes”.

VERONICA

And what if he says “no”?

NIKITA

Then I would suggest that you make him see the “light”. Don’t fail me…

MS – WE SEE VERONICA AND NAKITA DISAPPEAR IN A FLASH OF BLINDING LIGHT.

FADE OUT

We see a black screen just as before, and just like before he hear MIKKEL’S voice.

MIKKEL V.O.

As I said before…they took my life…but I still walk this earth…

OPENING SEQUENCE. A TITLE FADES IN.

VANGUARD’S STORY

CUT TO

LS – THE CREDIST CONTINUE TO ROLL. Thousands of miles away from the African continuant, across vast landscapes, and countless miles of ocean is the LARGOS PIRATE SHIP FLYING HUNDREDS OF MILES ABOVE THE ROLLING SEA. WE SEE THE FRIGATE-STYLE SHIP IS MADE OF WOOD AND IRONAND SPORTING THREE MASTS WITH SHEEPSKIN SAILS AND MERMAID BOW POINT. A TITLE FADES IN.

6TH MILLENNIUM
5567 B.C

EXT LARGOS PIRATE SHIP – DAY

LS – WE SEE THE MASSIVE WOODEN AND IRON WING-SAILS ON EITHER SIDE OF THE SHIP, WHICH IS REINFORCED WITH LARGE WOODEN CROSSBEAMS AND LEATHER STRAPS.

LS – WE SEE FIVE VENTS LOCATED AT THE STERN OF THE SHIP WHICH PROVIDES THE LARGOS THE LUXURY OF LIFTING OUT OF THE WATER OR HOVERING IN THE SKY.

INT LARGOS PIRATE SHIT – SAME

MS – We see hundreds of crewmembers go on about activates of caring and tending to the ship, stacking and unpacking crates.

EXT LARGOS PIRATE SHIP - SAME

LS - Above deck, we see crewmembers configuring and modifying the ships appearance replacing deck boards and railings. We see the crewmembers repainting the ship in certain sections, blue and sliver.

MS – We see CAPTAIN CREED the fifty something year old captain of the LARGOS stands starboard looking through a telescope. His short black and gray hair gentle blows in the wind.

LS – WE SEE A DISTANCE SHIP BELOW, THE BLUE AND SLIVER VESSEL IS TWICE THE SIZE AND WIDTH OF THE LARGOS SPORTING FIVE MASTS TO HER THREE. WE SEE A HUGE BANNER AT THE BOW WITH AN INSIGNIA OF A LION HOLDING A SHIELD IN ONE HAND AND A SWORD IN THE OTHER.

MS – We see ASHCROFT, a late twenty something year old woman with semi-long platinum blond hair. We see ASHCROFT has ALCHEMY DESIGNS tattooed on her right arm. But this is not ASHCROFT’S most noticeable feature those are her eyes, her left is green and the right is blue. ASHCEOFT is also the second in command of the LARGOS.

MS - We see ASHCROT leaning against the railing. We see the ship below disappearing into the clouds, she asks. 

ASHCROFT

Is it one of theirs?

CREED does not remove his eye from the telescope answering.

CREED

Oh yeah, that’s an Alexandrian flagship alright.

ASHCROFT

Hmmm, we must be getting close to Alexandrian territory.

CREED hands ASHCROFT the telescope. ASHCROFT peers through the telescope asking.

ASHCROFT

Do ya think it’s onboard?

LS - We see a young European man with short black hair dressed in a dark brown leather vest with matching wool pants standing on the balcony just below CREED and ASHCROFT eavesdropping on their conversation.

CREED

Yeah, more than likely down in the hulls.

MS - We see ASHCROFT shutting the telescope and hands it back to CREED saying.

ASHCROFT

We should attack while we still have the luxury of surprise.

CREED grinds his teeth trying to come to a decision before they are spotted, he answers.

CREED

That is a carrier-class the Largos would not stand a chance against her.

LS - We see ASCHROFT reopening the telescope and look back down at the ship.

ASHCROFT’S POV - We see the same young eavesdropper plunging down through the clouds, free falling.

ASHCROFT smirks muttering.

ASHCROFT

Sneaky little bastard.

CREED approaches ASHCROFT asking.

TWO-SHOT

CREED

What’s the matter?

MS - ASHCROFT hands him the telescope. CREED looks back through the telescope.

LS - We see the young man disappearing in the clouds.

CREED’S gripe tightens on the telescope as adrenaline begins to course through his veins.

MS - We see CREED calmly shuts the telescope, then violently slamming in down on the rail causing it to shatter into pieces. He sighs heavily leaning against the railing with his arms spread apart.

MS - We see ASHCROT glance down at the shattered telescope, smirk and says.

ASHCROFT

That was Cree’s telescope.

CREED chuckles inhales and exhales replying.

CREED

I’ll buy her another one.

ASHCROFT

So whatta’ya wanna do?

CREED deeply inhales and exhales pushing himself up off the railing answering.

CREED

I should let them kill’em.

ASHCROFT

Yeah, but we’ll still need to get down to the ships cargo…and we’ll need Roin.

EXT SKIES ABOVE THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA – SAME

LS - WE SEE ROIN TRIPINACES BREAKING THROUGH THE CLOUDS, NOW A LITTLE MORE THAN ONE HUNDRED YARDS AWAY FROM THE ALEXANDRIAN SHIP.

MS – WE SEE ROIN REMOVE AND HOLD HIS VEST AS WHITE FEATHERED ANGLE-LIKE WINGS SUDDENLY BURST THROUGH HIS SKIN JUST BELOW HIS SHOULDER BLADES. WE SEE HE STRETCHES THEM OUT FOR A TOTAL OF FIVE FEET IN WIDTH.

EXT ALEXANDRIAN FLAGSHIP (DECK) – SAME

LS – WE SEE ROIN GLIDE DOWN TO THE CENTER MAST, HE STAYS THERE CAREFUL TO EVEN BREATH HE WATCHES TWO GUARDS DIRECTLY BENEATH HIM.

LS - We see the armed guards dressed in dark blue and sliver garments go on about their hourly patrols.

MS – WE SEE THE WINGS SLOWLY SUBSUDE BACK THROUGH HIS SKIN LEAVING TWO GAPPING HOLES WHICH SLOWLY BEGIN TO REGENERATE AND WITHIN A MATTER SECONDS , THE WOUNDS ARE COMPLETELY HEALED. We see ROIN putting his vest back on.

LS - We see the two guards head down below deck, entering through the stern entrance. ROIN carefully scans the rest of the ship before scaling down the mast stopping half way at the sound of approaching footsteps.

MS - We see another guard approach stops directly underneath ROIN. We see ROIN lets go of the mast and falls about sixteen feet or so, crashing down on top of the guard rendering him unconscious.

LS - We see ROIN enter the hauls through the same stern entrance.

INT. – ALEXANDRIAN FLAGSHIP (HAULS) – SAME

MS - We see ROIN quietly coming down the stairs and stops on the first step.

LS - We see the chamber has become a makeshift stable, with ten stables on either side of the chamber. Each filled a minimum of 5-10 horses, one per stable. We see three men dressed in ragged clothing care for the stables and its contents. They easily spot ROIN still standing on the first step, they immediately arm themselves with what ever is handy, grabbing pitchforks, wooden wracks, and mallets.

MS - We see the three men darts for ROIN effectively surrounding him.

STABLE BOY #1

Who the hell are you, how did you get down here?

STABLE BOY #2

A stow-away get him!

MS – WE SEE ONE OF THE MEN TO HIS FAR RIGHT HOLDING THE PITCHFORK ATTACK WITH A LUNGE. WE SEE ROIN EASILY DODGES THE ATTACK, COUNTERS WITH A STRAIGHT RIGHT PUNCH TO THE STOMACH A LEFT TO THE FACE, AND A FRONT KICK TO THE CHEST SENDS HIM FLYING BACK THROUGH THE AIR SLAMMING INTO THE FAR WALL.

MS – WE SEE THE OTHER TWO ATTACK SIMULTANEOUSLY, ROIN SKILLFULLY DODGES AND EVADES THEIR COMBINED FLURRIES COUNTERING WITH A RIGHT CROSS AND A ROUNDHOUSE KICK SENDING THEM FLYING BACK IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS OFF FRAME.

MS – WE SEE ROIN WIPES THE THIN LINE OF BLOOD FROM HIS RIGHT CHECK JUST AS THE THIRD ATTACKS. ROIN DODGES HIS ATTACKS AND DELIVERS A STRONG LEFT FRONT KICK SENDING HIM SAILING BACK THROUGH THE AIR CRASHING THROUGH THE NEARBY EMPTY STABLES.

O.S. We hear three voices coming from above deck saying.

MALE V.O #1

Did you hear that?

MALE V.O #2

What was that?

MALE V.O #3

C’mon this way, it came from the stables!

O.S – We hear the sound of approaching footsteps coming down the stairs.

MS – We see ROIN turn toward the stairs as three men dressed in blue and sliver armor with an ALEXANDRIAN CREST on their chests quickly descends the stairs.

C/U – We see they have some sort of mechanical device strapped to their backs, it has a three foot tall canister on the back, a long leather hose that runs from the canister to a rifle size cannon barrel.

ROIN

(Mutters)

Cannonries…

MS – WE SEE TWO OF THE CANNONRIERS POINT THEIR BARRELS DIRECTLY AT ROIN FOLLOWED BY A “BOOM” AND “WISP”. WE SEE TWO BAKETBALL SIZE CANNONBALLS COME ROCKETING OUT OF THE BARRELS HURLING STRAIGHT FOR ROIN. ROIN DODGES THE IN COMING PROJECTILES, WE SEE THE CANNONBALLS CONTINUE THROUGH TWO NEARBY STABLES BRUTALLY KILLING TWO HORSES AND BLOWING A MASSIVE HOLE IN THE HAUL.

MS – WE SEE THE TWO WHOM FIRED RE-PRESSURIZE THEIR WEAPONS BY USING A MANUAL PUMP LOCATED AT THE BUTT OF THE BARREL. WE SEE THE THIRD CANNONEIRE IMMEDIATELY TAKE UP ANOTHER POSITION GETTING ROIN IN THE CROSSHAIRS AND FIRES. “BOOM, WISP” THE CANNONBALL HEADS STRAIGHT FOR ROIN.

MS – WE SEE THE GUARD WHIPS AROUND SWING THE BARREL AS HE DOSE, ROIN DUCKS DELIVERING A FLURRY OF BODY BLOWS AND FINISHES WITH A JUMP KICK TO THE CHEST SENDING THE CANNONIER FLYING BACK THROUGH THE AIR CRASHING INTO THE FAR WALL KNOCKING HIM UNCONSCIOUS.

MS – WE SEE THE TWO OTHER CANNONIERS BEGIN TO PANIC. FASTER AND FASTER THEY TRY AND RE-PRESSUREIZE THEIR WEAPONS, IN THE HASTE NEITHER OF THEM NOTICE THE PRESSURE BUILDING IN THE LEATHER TUBE LEADING TO THE CANISTER.

C/U – WE SEE THE LEATHER TUBE EXPANDING MORE, MORE, AND MORE UNTIL IT EXPLODIES.

MS – WE SEE THE TWO CANNONIERS DESPREATLY TRY AND GET FREE FROM THEIR DISABLED WEAPONS. ROIN QUICKLY CHARGES THE. WE SEE THE CLOSEST CANNONIER WIDLY SWINGS THE BARREL FOR ROIN’S HEAD. ROIN GRABS THE BARREL THEN DELIVERS A SOLID FRONT KICK TO THE STOMACH SENDING HIM FLYING BACK CRASHING INTO THE SECOND CANNONIER CAUSING THEM TO BOTH CATCH AIR CRASHING THROUGH THE WOODEN STAIRS.

MS – We see ROIN quickly exiting the room through a second stairwell leading down deeper into the ship.

CUT TO

INT ALEXANDRIAN FLAGSHIP (HAULS) – SAME

MS – We see a door opening and ROIN entering into the hauls.

LS/PAN – WE SEE THE FOOTBALL FIELD SIZE HAUL LITTERED WITH COUNTLESS CRATES OF ALL SIZES. WE SEE THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF FIFTY-FOOT TALL BLUE AND SLIVER SUITS OF ARMOR ALL SPORTING THE ALEXANDRIAN CREST ON THEIR CHEST AND UPPER ARMS. THE SUITS OF ARMOR LINE EACH SIDE OF THE HAUL STRETCHING ALL THE WAY TO THE END.

MS - We see ROIN stepping into the haul, marveled at the sheer high and width of the massive ship, and the massive SUITS OF ARMOR.

ROIN

By the Gods…what you have you been up to…why all these APU’S?

LS - We see ROIN making his way through the maze of crates all with the IMPERIAL ALEXANDRIAN CREST. After a few seconds, ROIN comes across a lone crate in the middle of the hauls. This crate has no ALEXANDRIAN INSIGNIA or military markings of any kind.

MS – ROIN smirks as he grabs the top of the crate with one hand and easily rips it open.

C/U – Inside we see a few beautifully designed ballroom dresses he sifts through the top layer coming across two ALEXANDRIAN GUARD uniforms.

MS – WE SEE THE CEILING ABOVE EXPLODES RAINING DOWN SMOLDERING DEBRIS. WE SEE ROIN SHIELD HIMSELF FROM THE FALLING OBJECTS THEN LOOKS BACK.

ROIN’S POV – We see ASHCROFT along with ROIN’S best friend, JIN descending through the massive hole hanging onto a rope with a huge iron hook on the end.

MS – WE SEE THE LARGOS FLOATING ABOVE THE DISABLED ALEXANDRIAN SHIP. WE SEE THE LOADING BAY DOORS ON THE LARGOS IS WIDE OPEN WITH THE ROPE ASHCROFT AND JIN IS HOLDING ON TO COMING OUT OF IT.

MS – The rope reaches the floor. We see ASHCROFT and JIN hop down, ROIN smirks saying.

ROIN

I thought I’d have to do this by myself. I already did the hard part.

ASHCROFT scoffs replying.

TWO-SHOT

ASHCROFT

Now you’ve done it.

ROIN

Done what whatta’ya mean?

MS – We see JIN walk over to ROIN placing his right hand on ROIN’S shoulder answering.

JIN

Creed is pissed.

ROIN scoffs placing the lid back on the crate replying.

ROIN

What else is new? The bastard is always pissed.

MS – WE SEE ROIN EFFORTLESSLY LIFT THE CRATE OFF THE FLOOR HOLDING IT UP OVER HIS HEAD. We see JIN grabs the rope he and ASHCRFOT were just on. We see ROIN LOWERS THE CRATE HOLDING WITH HIS ARMS STRETCHED OUT IN FRONT OF HIM, we see JIN raps the rope around the crate two times then secures it. WE SEE ROIN LOWERS THE CRATE TO THE FLOOR, ASHCROFT and JIN then hop on top of the crate followed by ROIN.

MS – We see ASHCROFT grabbing the rope and tug once.

LS – We see the rope tightens and the crate begins too slowly lift up off the floor and into the air.

CUT TO

LS – We see the crate along with the TRIO entering the hauls, the loading bay doors slowly close and the dwarfed ship quickly ascends back to the safety of the clouds.

INT LARGOS HAULS – DAY

C/U – We see the crate in the center of the hauls.

MS – We see ASHCROFT is leaning against the crate with her arms and legs crossed. We see JIN steps into frame near the crate opposite ASHCROFT.

LS – We see the haul now filled with a few crewmembers standing near the stairwell leading up to the top floor. We hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

MS – We see CREED descends the stairs stopping at the bottom and scans the hauls then walks over toward the crate.

MS – We see ASHCROFT and JIN move away from the crate. We see ROIN standing directly behind. ROIN quickly grabs the lid and removes it then steps aside. Waiting for an approval, which CREED really is not known for, or a sword to the chest.

MS – We see CREED peers down into the crate, swifts through the contents, and then rise with a smile and demeanor. ROIN sighs in relief.

CREED

Ya did good boy, ya did real good.

MS – CREED quickly grabs the handle of his bucket sword, removes it from it’s sheathe and holds it to ROIN’S neck, only inches away saying with the same smile on his face.

CREED

If ya ever pull a stunt like that again, I’ll kill ya.

MS – We see CREED placing the sword back in it’s sheathe then grabs one of the dresses and tosses it to ASHCROFT. Then kneels back down removing the two ALEXANDRIAN GUARD uniforms and tosses them to ROIN and JIN saying.

TWO-SHOT

CREED

All right, ya know what ya have to do and ya know your scripts we can’t afford no more screw-ups.

ASHCROFT

Draw the princess’s male guard away – keep him rapped around my finger.

ROIN

If anything goes array Jin and I will take care of her personal guards…I’ll take care of demi-goddess.

CREED scoffs saying with a smirk on his face.

CREED

Good, this will not be like other jobs we had before this one comes straight from Emperor Guillermo himself.

ASHCROFT sighs heavily adding.

ASHCROFT

Take heed all of you. If something does go wrong, there is a high possibility that you won’t make it back to the Largos.

O.S We hear a loud horn sounds, the hauls becomes silent.

CREED scans their faces saying.

CREED

We’re only three hundred miles away from the Alexandrian boarder – get ready.

INT. – UNDERWORLD – DAY

LS – WE ARE NOW IN THE DEPTHS OF THE UNDERWORLD, A MASSIVE DARK AND GLOOMY PLACE WITH ENDLESS STRETCHES OF WINDING CAVERNS, PASSAGES, AND HALLWAYS. WE SEE COUNTLESS STALACTITES OF ALL SIZES LITTERING THE CEILING AND FLOOR. THERE ARE ALSO NIGHTMARISH CREATURES OF ALL SIZES HIDING EVERYWHERE, BEHIND THE STALACTITES, BOLDERS, ECT.

MS – WE SEE ONE OF THE CREATURES HIDING BEHIND A STALACTIE WATCHING THE WONDERING SOUL OF A YOUNG WOMAN APPROACHING. WE SEE THE BLUE/WHITE SPARKLING SOUL WONDERS EVER SO CLOSE. WE SEE THE CREATURE POUNCES FROM BEHIND THE STALACTITE ONTO THE SOUL, WE SEE THE SOUL TRIES TO FIGHT OFF ITS ATTACKER AS IT IS DRAGGED BACK BEHIND THE STALACTITE LIKE A WILD ANIMAL DOSE AFTER A KILL.

MS – WE SEE VERONICA REAPPEAR IN A FLASH OF LIGHT IN AN ADJACENT CHAMBER, there we see the soul of the young AFRICAN MAN VERONICA and NAKITA had ZAID and BANA attend.

MS – WE SEE HIM DOWN ON HIS KNEES WITH HIS HEAD HUNG LOW IN FRONT OF HIM ARE STILL AND MOVING IMAGES OF HIS FORMER LIFE WITH HIS WIFE AND DAUGHTER. WE SEE THE IMAGES ARE TRANSLUCENT.

VERONICA smirks saying.

VERONICA

Conall…

MS – We see him quickly stand to his feet, whipping around angrily asking.

CONALL

Who are you, what do you want – another soul here to torture me…?

MS – VERONICA steps toward him answering.

VERONICA

I know you Conall, I know you very well…

CONALL squares off.

CONALL

It is strange how someone all ways seem to know your name when you do not know there’s…

MS – We see VERONICA holds up her hands to show CONALL that she is no threat saying.

VERONICA

Calm yourself Conall. I am not your enemy we have met before under different circumstances. I am Veronica, the Goddess of the Underworld.

CONALL relaxes and scoffs, folding his arms replying.

CONALL

I should’ve known the stench of Zionic in the air.

VERONICA smiles and continues toward him, stopping a few feet away from him saying.

VERONICA

Oh, come now Conall, we gods aren’t all that bad.

CONALL turns his back to her arms still folded replying.

CONALL

What do you want? I was enjoying the peace and solitude.

TWO-SHOT

VERONICA

I’m here to make you a proposition.

Without turning, CONALL answers.

CONALL

I’ll pass.

VERONICA scoffs saying.

VERONICA

Are you so sure about that Conall? This maybe your one and only chance to right a wrong…avenge an injustice…

C/U – WE SEE THE CONTINUATION OF THE MOVING IMAGES OF CONALL’S FORMER LIFE.

MS – We see CONALL shuts his eyes, his lips pursed with suppressed fury and sadness. He tries to hold back the raging urges within so much that he begins to tremble. We see CONALL reopen his eyes, finally turns to VERONICA answering.

TWO-SHOT

CONALL
 
The gods of Zionic haven’t been known for their generosity, you want something in return, what is it?

VERONICA grins replying.

VERONICA
 
That’s why I always liked you Conall we keep everything professional…down to business.

MS - CONALL refolds his arms shooting VERONICA a YOU-DON’T-EXPECT-ME-TO-BELIEVE-THAT LOOK. VERONICA scoffs saying.

VERONICA

If you don’t help me then everything, Gaia will be destroyed.

CONALL assumes a posture of superiority replying.

TWO-SHOT

CONALL

What do I care?

VERONICA

Don’t you wanna avenge the injustice brought onto your family? Your beloved wife and sweet little daughter, ravaged like common street whores.

MS – WE SEE THE MOVING IMAGES SUDDENLY CHANGE REPLAYING THE EVENTS LEADING UP TO CONALL’S DEATH. WE SEE DOZENS OF HEAVILY ARMED MEN DRESSED IN TARNISHED SLIVER AND GOLD ARMOR SURROUND CONALL’S HOME.

TWO-SHOT

CONALL

She…their alive…no, their dead I watched them die before my eyes…!

MS – VERONICA takes a step forward saying.

VERONICA

And so you did, but what if they’re not? What if what you saw wasn’t really, what you saw?

CONALL turns to her, eyes filled with dark portents, he angrily shouts.

TWO-SHOT

CONALL

Tell me where they are!

VERONICA

Not before you agree to help me.

CONALL’S eyes narrows with suspicion, he asks her.

CONALL

And what do you want from me?

VERONICA

A few of our own has gone astray…dealing and conspiring with dark forces. 

CONALL

And what does all that have to do with me and my family?

VERONICA sighs heavily saying.

VERONICA

If you help us, then you and your loved ones will be reunited. Your life and former life will be returned to you so you may live happily ever after.

MS – We see CONALL’S face becomes red-hot like a piece of iron left to soften in the furnace. He tries with every fiber of his being to hold back the anger, bottle up the raging urge of revenge. He knows that he will have his chance to exact his bloody revenge against those responsible for what has happened to his family. We see CONALL’S clutched fist begins to quiver. We hear CONALL’S voice take on a MURDEROUS FALSETTO.

CONALL

What ever it takes I’ll do it, and those responsible for this travesty will pay with their lives.

LS – We see VERONICA hold out her left hand followed by a FLASH OF BLINDING LIGHT, A BLUE/GREEN PULSATING ORB APPEARS OUT OF THIN AIR.

MS - CONALL looks down at the orb then looks up at her with a confused look. VERONICA smiles saying.

VERONICA

Consider this a jester of good fate…

CONALL’S POV – We see CONALL slowly extends his right un-clutched hand coming within inches of THE ORB.

MS – We see VERONICA use her free hand to slam down on top of CONALL’S right hand causing him to grab hold of THE ORB.

CONALL’S POV – We see THE ORB BEGINS TO BURROW INTO HIS RIGHT HAND causing extreme amounts of unbearable pain.

MS – We see CONALL stumbles back through the still MOVING IMAGES OF HIS FORMER LIFE, slamming into the wall falling to one knee holding his right hand with his free hand. He manages to splutter.

CONALL

What have you done to me?!

MS – We see VERONICA’S face filled with a mixture of fear and uncertainty building in height with every passing second. She gathers herself taking a step forward replying.

VERONICA

Form here until the end of time you and the Scion are now physically bound. The destroyer of worlds…the enslaver of men…the killer of gods is now yours to wield against your enemies.

C/U – We see CONALL tightened his grip around his forearm, wracked with unbearable blinding pain letting out a blood-chilling scream “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

VERONICA

Don’t fight it…give into it…

Knowing that this maybe, indeed, his one and only chance to avenge the brutal assault on his wife and daughter.

C/U – We see CONALL’S left hand loosens and eventually lowers his freehand.

MS – WE SEE CONALL SURRENDERS HIMSELF TO THE UNKNOWN ENTITY, HIS BODY IS SOON ENVELOPED IN THE SAME BLUE/GREEN LIGHT PULSATING FROM THE ORB. We see VERONICA DISAPPEARS IN A FLASH OF LIGHT AS THE ENTIRE CHAMBER.

INT MAUSOLEUM – DAY

MS – We see VERONICA REAPPEARS WITHIN THE MAUSOLEUM. We see ZAID and BANA standing to the far right of the tomb.

O.S – WE HEAR A SLIGHT RUMBLE.

ZAID and BANA’S recoil, their eyes fixed on the tomb.

MS – We continue to hear the rumbling coming from the tomb, suddenly, A MASSIVE SHOCKWAVE OF TELEPATHIC ENERGY SHOOTS OUT FROM THE TOMB FRACTURING THE TOMB, FLOOR, WALLS, AND CEILING. WE SEE THE FORCE IS SO STRONG THAT IT THROWS ZAID AND BANA BACK THROUGH THE AIR INTO THE WALL AND CAUSES VERONICA TO STUMBLE BACK INTO THE NEARBY WALL. WE SEE VERONICA HAS BEEN PHYSICALLY AND SPIRITUALLY DRAINED, SHE HOLDS HERSELF UP BY LEANING AGAINST THE WALL PAINTING HEAVILY. WE SEE THE SHOCKWAVE CONTINUING AT A BLAZING SPEED.

LS – WE SEE THE SHOCKWAVE CONTINUING THROUGH THE GRAVEYARD, THE RUINED VILLAGE AND ENTERING THE FOREST. DEVASTATING TOMBS, HEADSTONES, LAYING WASTE TO WHAT REMAINS OF THE VILLAGE, AND TOPPLING HUNDREADS OF TREES LIKE A HOSE OF CARDS.

LS – We see the SHOCKWAVE continuing throughout the country, devastating Africa’s forest, grasslands, and creating massive land upheavals. We see the SHOCKWAVE latterly ripping small villages apart, throwing bodies around like a ragdoll, obliterating their crops and livestock.

EXT EARTH ORBIT – DAY

LS – IN A MATTER OF MINUTES, WE SEE THE SHOCKWAVE HAS ALREADY SPREAD THROUGHOUT ALL OF AFRICA IN ALL DIRECTIONS. WE SEE IN MERE SECONDS, THE SHOCKWAVE HAS REACHED THE OCEANS AND SURROUNDING LANDMASSES.

EXT LARGOS PIRATE SHIP – DAY

LS – We see the LARGOS continuing on its course for the ALEXANDRIAN EMPIRE. We see the crew continuing with their daily duties unaware of what is coming their way.

MS – We see ASHCROFT, CREED, ROIN, and JIN are near the stern railing.

ROIN scoffs, oozing testosterone and overconfidence saying.

ROIN

Man, this is goin’ to be a piece of cake.

MS – We see ASHCROFT leans against the railing looking out at a flock of seagulls. We see the seagulls inadvertently switch direction. We see ASHCROFT becomes distraught by this, she knows throughout all her years as a sea and SKY PIRATE that something has frightened them. ASHCROFT immediately scans the skies in front of her. The wind begins to pick up speed to the point. where the masts begin to sway back and forth.

MS – Within the wheelhouse, we see CREE. The ships ten-year-old operator grabs and pulls a lever off to her right.

LS – WE SEE THE REAR POLLUTION VENTS TILTS NINETY DEFREES CAUSING THE LARGOS TO SLOWLY ACCEND INTO THROUGH THE CLOUDS. WE SEE THE LARGOS BREAKING THROUGH THE CLOUDS LIKE A WHALE COMING UP FROM THE DEEP FOR A BREATH OF FRESH AIR.

MS – We see the crewmembers hanging one to whatever’s nearby, desperately holding on for dear life. We see ASHCROFT turning just in time to see the approach of the SHOCKWAVE breaking through the clouds. We see ASHCROFT turning shouting.

ASHCROFT

Get back inside, now!!!

MS – WE SEE THE SHOCKWAVE SLAMS INTO THE LARGOS, RIPPING OUT PLANKS OF WOOD, TWISTING METAL RODS LIKE TOOTHPICKS, AND HIRLING A FEW UNLUCKY SOULS TO THEIR WATERY DEATHS BELOW.

LS – WE SEE THE MASSIVE CENTER MASTS TWIST AND SNAP LIKE A BLADE OF GRASS IN A STRONG WIND SENDING IT CRASHING INTO THE FRONT MAST CAUSING A CHAIN REACTION.

MS – WE SEE THE TWO MAST COME CRASHING DOWN TO THE DECK WITH TREMENDOUS FORCE, BREAKING THROUGH THE DECK ENTERING THE SECOND FLOOR KILLING AND INJURING DOZENS IN THE PROCESS.

MS – WE SEE THE SHOCKWAVE QUICKLY REACHES THE ENGINE ROOM WE SEE THE CRUDE ENGINE IN THE MIDDLE OF ROOM WITH IRON TUBING LEADING TO AND FROM THE TOP OF THE ENGINE ENTERING THROUGH THE CEILING. THERE IS ALSO A MASSIVE ALCHEMY CIRCLE SURROUNDING THE ENTIRE MECHANICAL DEVICE.

C/U – WE SEE THE ALCHEMY CIRCLE BEGINS TO GLOW AN INTENSE GREEN, THE ENGINE GOES INTO OVERDRIVE SPURTTING OUT STEAM FROM CRACH AND BUSTED SEAL. TO THE POINT THAT THE ENGINE EXPLODES SENDING A MASSIVE FIREBALL IN ALL DIRECTIONS RIPPING A HUGE HOLE IN THE CEILING, FLOOR, AND WALLS INJURING AND KILLING DOZENS MORE. 

WE HEAR THE MOTOR SPUTTERS AND DIES.

LS – WE SEE THE LARGOS BEGINS TO SAWY AND BOB UNCONTROLLABLY, THROWING WHAT EVER IS NOT STRAPPED OR BOLTED DOWN LIKE A LEAF IN A HURRICANE. 

MS – We see ASHCROFT knocked off her feet sending her headlong into nearby crates knocking her out. JIN runs over to ASHCROFT’S limb body, using one hand to grab her right hand and the other to lift her up on his shoulder. We hear CREED shouting.

CREED

This way, c’mon get below, now!

MS – We see JIN, caring ASHCROFT along with countless others quickly enter through the door.

LS – DIRECTLY BENEATH THE LARGOS, WE SEE THE SHOCKWAVE SLAMMING INTO THE ALEXANDRIAN SHIP CAUSING IT TO EXPLODE ON IMPACT, SENDING HUGE SHARDS OF METAL AND WOOD FLYING UP AND THROUGH THE WING-SAILS AND HUAL OF THE LARGOS.

LS – WE SEE THE LARGOS VIOLENTLY ROCKS TO-AND-FRO. WE SEE THE LEFT HEAVILY DAMAGED WING-SAIL SNAPS AND IS TOSSED ASIDE TO THE WIND. WE SEE THE REAR VENTS EXPLODES, THE LARGOS SLOWLY TILT TO THE LEFT AS SHE BEGINS TO DESCEND TO THE HEAVILY CHOPPY SEAS BELOW.   

MS – We see CREE does everything she possibly can to keep the ship from barrel rolling, she tightens her grip on the flywheel and with all her might, she throws the wheel all the way to the right desperately trying to counter-balance the ship.

LS – WE SEE THE REMAINING WING-SAIL AND ROTOR ALTER THEIR POSITIONS, WE SEE THE LARGOS SLOWLYY BEGINS TO CORRECT, BUT IT IS TOO LATE, WE SEE THE LARGOS CRASHING DOWN TO INTO THE SEA CAUSING A MASSIVE WAVE AND AN EVEN BIGGER BACKWASH THAT WASHES OVER THE SHIP. WE SEE THE LARGOS HELPLESSLY BOB UP AND DOWN IN THE CHOPPY WATERS.   

MS – We see CREE RUN UP TO A METAL PIPE COMING DOWN FROM THE CEILING WITH A BASEBALL SIZE CHEESE GRADER END, IT IS BENT AT A NINETY-DEGREE ANGLE. VOICES FROM ALL OVER THE SHIP ALL SHOUT AND PLEAS THROUGH THE INTERCOM ALL AT ONCE.

MALE V.O #1

Cree, Cree the water valves, turn on the pumps!

FEMALE V.O (OVERLAPPING)

Cree, shut the flood doors, Cree shut the doors!

MALE V.O #2 (OVERLAPPING)

By the gods, someone please help me, someone help me I can’t move! Someonnnne!

MS – CREE knows she can only operate one system at a time. It will take a full five seconds before the air pump becomes operational again. This is a choice no one especially a ten-year-old girl should have to make – who lives and who dies.

CREE’S POV – We see a lever to CREE’S left, and the same to the right. One is for the floor doors and the other for the water pumps.

MALE V.O (OVER MALE VOICE #2)

Creeeeee! Close the floodgates! Creeee!

MS – We see CREE begins to sob uncontrollably as she slowly reaches for the floodgate lever.

FEMALE V.O #1

Creeee, hurryyy!

C/U – We see her hand wrap around the lever.

MS – We see CREE continue to sob as she pulls the lever down. We see she begins to sound out 1,2 counting all the way to five then pushes up the floodgate lever and yanks down the water pump so hard it snaps in half.

C/U – We see the flywheel spinning wildly to the left and right. We hear running footsteps. CREE enters the frame grabbing the wheel.

MS – We see CREE whipping her cheek and eyes, her bottom lip begins to tremble as more tears streams down her face.

MS – We see those who are injured and those who are not USE MAKESHIFT PLANKS TO STOP THE RUSHING WATER FROM ENTERING THROUGH THE HUNDREDS OF HOLES IN THE LARGOS AND USING BARRICADES TO HOLD AND AID THE WATERTIGHT DOORS.

MS – We see CREED making his way through half demolished, flooded hallways reaching a stairwell leading up. He darts up the stairs pushing and shoving live bodies out of his way reaching the deck. He then runs over to the heavily damaged, soaking wet wheelhouse.

MS – We see CREE at the flywheel still softly sobbing, CREED walks over to her asking.

CREED

Cree, is everything okay? What’s the matter?

MS – We see CREE slowly turns to him with tears streaming down her face. We see CREED kneel down placing his right hand on her right shoulder asking.

CREED

What’s wrong?

Sobbing, CREE answers.

CREE

I don’t ever want to do that again!

CREED

Do what?

MS – We see CREE point to the switchboard saying.

CREE

I can’t…I can’t…not anymore…

C/U – We see CREED turns back toward her, sighs heavily saying.

CREED

I won’t pretend to know or understand how you must feel Cree. I’m a captain, and as a captain I can’t allow such emotions to interfere with my orders or cloud my judgment. (scoffs) If that were me, I would’ve waited the whole five seconds…you may very well have just saved the entire ship from sinking. Then where would we be?

CREE

(Chuckles)

The bottom of the sea.

CREED

That’s right, I got you in here for a reason Cree.

O.S. – We hear JIN’S voice come on the intercom shouting.

JIN

Hay, is everything okay up there? We still got some rushin’ water down here!

MS – We see CREED walk over to the switchboard saying into the main intercom.

CREED

Hang on, I’ll be right down.

CREED turns back to CREE saying.

CREED

I have to go, you’re gonna be okay?

MS – We see CREE nods with a smile answering.

CREE

I’ll be okay.

MS – CREED smiles replying as he exits the wheelhouse.

CREED

Tell anybody about this, and you’ll walk the plank.

EXT PAC`SONIA EMPIRE – DAY

LS – Tucked away deep within the Italian countryside is the PAC`SONIA EMPIRE. WE SEE THE VILLAGE IS ABOUT HALF THE SIZE OF A MOJOR CITY WITH A SKYSCRAPER SIZE CASTLE NESTLED IN THE CENTER. WE SEE AN EIGHT-FOOT TALL STONE FENCE SURROUNDING THE ENTIRE CASTLE PARAMETER.

MS – We see commuters leaving and entering through THE MASSIVE WOODEN GATES WITH TWO HUGE GATEHOUSES ON EITHER SIDE.

LS – We see children playing and frolicking in the tall wheat fields surrounding the entire structure. A cool summers breeze help keep the villagers nice and cool as they go on about their harvest and daily activates, fixing and repairing their homes and taking care of their livestock.

INT PAC`SONIA EMPIRE (HALLWAY) - SAME

MS – We see the young attractive ruler of the empire, QUEEN CAPRICE DARNKURT along with her young ROYAL ADVISOR, LANG stroll down one of the many hallways at the very top of the castle. They are flanked by two armed guards dressed in sliver armor with a gold griffin insignia on their chest.

MS – We see CAPRICE stops near one of the massive open windows, she leans against the window seal looking out in the distance, saying.

QUEEN CAPRICE DARNKURT

Did I ever tell you I love the country, Lang? I hope it never change.

MS – We see LANG approach replying with a half smile.

TWO-SHOT

LANG

I don’t know your highness, I always thought change was good.

MS – We see CAPRICE turns and seats on the seal answering.

CAPRICE

But change isn’t always good either.

LANG

Indeed, however, the same thing can be said about stagnation. Everything must flow free and uninterrupted like the rivers after a storm.

EXT ALEXANDRIAN EMPIRE COUNTRYSIDE – SAME

LS – Unbeknownst to the empire and its people, far in the distance we see THE SHOCKWAVE RACING TOWARD THE EMPIRE ACROSS THE COUNTRYSIDE AT BLAZING SPEEDS. WE SEE THE SHOCKWAVE DESTROYING FORESTS, OBLITERATING VILLAGES AND ITS PEOPLES, AND CAUSING MASSIVE LAND UPHEAVLES UNTIL IT FINALLY REACHES THE EMPIRE. WE SEE THE SHOCKEAVE WHIPPING OUT DOZENS OF FARM ANIMALS AND THEIR ATTENDANTS, TOSSING VILLAGERS HUNDREDS OF FEET THROUGH THE AIR.

LS – WE SEE LARGE CRACKS AND CREVASSES SNAKE THROUGHOUT THE VILLAGE, WINDING ITS WAY TOWARD THE CASTLE. VAST STREAMS OF SUPER-HEATED STEAM BLAST OUT FROM THE CREVASSES CAUSING HOUSES, SURROUNDING STRUCTURES, AND EVEN FLEEING VILLAGERS TO SUDDENLY BURST INTO FLAMES DYING ALMOST INSTANTLY.

C/U – WE SEE THE CREVASSES CONTINUE TOWARD THE CASTLE HITTING THE MASSIVE STONE WALL.

LS – WE SEE HUGE SECTIONS OF THE WALL TO CRUMBLE TO THE EARTH CRUSHING DOZENS. WE SEE THE CREVASSES HIT THE CASTLE SNAKING ITS WAY UP ALONG THE EXTERIOR WALL SHATTERING SURROUNDING WINDOWS.

INT PAC`SONIA EMPIRE - SAME

LS – WE SEE THE CASTLE BEGINS TO SHOW SIGNS OF COLLAPSE, STRESS FRACTURES HONEYCOMB ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP FLOOR CAUSING MASS SECTIONS OF HALLWAYS TO COLLAPSE UNDER ITS OWN WEIGHT, KILLING HUNDREDS OF FLEEING ATTENDANTS AND GUARDS. 

PAC`SONIA GUARD #1

Your highness, this way!

MS – We see the GUARD takes CAPRICE and LANG by their hands leading them back down the hallway following the SECOND GUARD. We see THE GROUP round the corner stopping in their tracks. CAPRICE and LANG are amazed and horrified at the massive section of hallway missing.

CAPRICE quickly realization of if they were a few seconds slower, they would have been dead crushed under the collapse of stone and debris. 

PAC`SONIA GUARD #2

Warren, Warren this way!

MS – We see the SECOND GUARD turn to a nearby door kicking it in. WARREN, CAPRICE, and LANG quickly follow.

MS – We see the room is filled with many assortments of fresh fruits, pillows, and other necessities. The room might have housed many important royals that visits the empire almost on a weekly bases. We see the SECOND GUARD, followed by WARREN, CAPRICE, and LANG darts through another door directly in front of them entering a second room, they continue in that fashion until they finally reach another hallway.

MS – We see the hallway has already slowly begun to collapse, the combined weight from other missing sections has caused a weight unbalance within the castle structure.     

LS/ZOOM – We see at the end of this hallway is a stairwell leading down.

O.S. – We hear WARREN shouts.

WARREN

There, look there!

LS – We see THE GROUP AVOID CREVASSES AND PITFALLS AS THEY QUICKLY MAKE THEIR WAY TOWARD THE END OF THE HALL AND THE WAY OUT OF THE COLLOASPING HALLWAY, THE STAIRWAY. WE SEE THE HALLWAY BEGINS TO GIVE WAY, FALLING LIKE A POORLY STACKED DECK OF CARDS BEHIND THEM.

MS – WE SEE THE GROUP REACHES THE STAIRWAY, THEY ARE SHOCKED TO SEE THAT IS MISSING, AND IN ITS PLACE IS A THREE HUNDRED FOOT DROP. We see WARREN slowly approach the edge peering down below.

WARREN’S POV – We see dozens of fleeing castle attendants and guards.

LS – We see THE GROUP AVOID CREVASSES AND PITFALLS AS THEY QUICKLY MAKE THEIR WAY TOWARD THE END OF THE HALL AND THE WAY OUT OF THE COLLOASPING HALLWAY, THE STAIRWAY. WE SEE THE HALLWAY BEGINS TO GIVE WAY, FALLING LIKE A POORLY STACKED DECK OF CARDS BEHIND THEM.

MS – WE SEE THE GROUP REACHES THE STAIRWAY, THEY ARE SHOCKED TO SEE THAT IS MISSING, AND IN ITS PLACE IS A THREE HUNDRED FOOT DROP. We see WARREN slowly approach the edge peering down below.

WARREN’S POV – We see dozens of fleeing castle attendants and guards.

O.S – We hear the approaching the collapse.

MS – We see WARREN SNAPS AROUND, WIDE-EYED AT THEIR INPENDING DOOM. CAPRICE AND LANG HOLD EACH OTHER TIGHT SHIELDING EACH OTHER’S VIEW.

WARREN knows that he does not do something, anything then their fates are sealed and he would have failed and tarnished the ROYAL PAC`SONIA GUARD for allowing the queen to have been killed.

MS – We see WARREN quickly turns around removing his helmet, his dark brown hair fall shoulder length, partially covering his brown eyes. He tosses the helmet down near the edge. Then quickly removing the rest of his armor, the gauntlets, chest plate, and shin guards are all piled near the edge.

MS - We see WARREN kneels down picking up a basketball size chunk of broken stone, placing it on top of his armor. He then turns to the SECOND GUARD shouting.

WARREN

Marcus I need your armor, now!

MS – We see MARCUS remove his helmet, his semi-long blond hair dropping to the back of his neck, he has blue eyes and appears to be in the same age range as WARREN if not a little older.

C/U – We see MARCUS’S armor falls nears WARREN armor.

MS – WE SEE WARREN CLAPPING HIS HANDS TOGETHER THEN TOUCHES THE FLOOR. WE SEE A BRIGHT LIGHT FILLS THE AREA FOLLOWING THE ORIGINAL DESIGN OF THE STAIRWAY, THE LIGHT INTENSIFIES THEN DISSIPATES LEAVING A NEW STAIRWAY IN its PLACE. WE SEE THE NEW STAIRWAY IS MADE FROM STONE THE PILE ARMOR.

C/U – We see the pile of armor is gone.

WARREN turns to THEM shouting.

WARREN }/center}
C’mon hurry!

LANG and CAPRICE are amazed to see the missing section simply created from almost nothing before their very eyes, and they know have a way to escape their ever-approaching deaths.

LS – We see the GROUP quickly descends the stairwell reaching the first floor in a matter of seconds.

LS – WE SEE THE GROUP B-LINES FOR HE CASTLE MAIN ENTRANCE AS HUGE CHUNCKS OF CEILING BEGINS TO FALL AROUND THEM.

LS – We see they have reached the outside perimeter there is a crowd of those lucky enough to have escape with their lives surround the entrance to the outer wall tending to the injured.

CAPRICE turns toward her heavily damaged castle.

CAPRICE POV – We see the castle is now merely a shadowy ruin, a tarnished imagery of its former glory.

MS – We see CAPRICE gaze at her now alien surroundings, with a look of confusion stretched across her face. The faces all look familiar but the terrain has drastically changed.

FADE OUT

ROLL END CREDITS.
© Copyright 2008 Ryan Elric (UN: ryandx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ryan Elric has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/606335-Chapter-1-Valiant-Beast