*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581604-Went-for-a-walk
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #1417406
My Journal
#581604 added April 26, 2008 at 1:45am
Restrictions: None
Went for a walk
I went for a walk in the forest today, searching for a nice quiet place to think. The things that happen out in the woods alone almost boggle the mind. I was climbing a tree that was leaning over a small pond in an effort to cross said pond and as I reach the far shore of the pond I knew I had to drop down so I grabbed hold of one of the overhanging branches with the idea of swinging from it to the dry shore.

Have you ever heard a tree laugh? That very sound can be extremely embarrassing, especially when you just made a true fool of yourself. What happened was as I put all my weight onto the branch the tree decided that it was a good time of year for a swim and let go of the branch altogether and laughed at me as I found myself sitting in a muddy puddle of stagnant water. I of course could not help but to join in the merriment. Might make for a good story one day.

That is if I can convince people that trees laugh.

© Copyright 2008 Lonewriter (UN: martionman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lonewriter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581604-Went-for-a-walk