*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538068-Always-have-a-watch-on
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #1323465
My thoughts, ideas and what I see as I criss-cross this nation of ours.
#538068 added September 27, 2007 at 7:28pm
Restrictions: None
Always have a watch on
So this tale of tales starts after a long night across the great state of Texas..I was set to deliver in a small town in eastern Texas, since driving all night is'nt new to me,  I was way ahead of schedule. Being an avid movie buff, I had just bought the "Star Wars Trilogy" and was set for an movie bonanza.
There I was in movie Jedi heaven.Having popcorn, ice tea, a full day of movie bliss. There was just one small problem. You see, I'm an over the road truck driver for my day job so I spent this precious time at a small rest area. The restroom was a bit of a walk from my 18 wheel movie theater.
Night had fallen, but the time had come, I could hold it no more. Off i went to see the wonderful world of public restrooms.
I ventured to the cleanest office space (if you will) for some important paperwork (well how would you put it?:) I suddenly noticed a well written note on the back of the door. It read, "if your looking for a good time, be here on september 10 at this 10pm". As I was thinking to my self,  "wow what a strange way to meet that special someone " I glanced at my watch.
IT WAS SAME DATE and I had only 5 min to get the heck out of there!!!.
My memory is a little vague about the actions that took place next, so lets just say the assignment and paperwork was put into a rush.I was in a gotta get it done pinch it off  mode.Ever fiber of my being was screaming for the door, as I rushed out the entrance and ran for my truck. I noticed a small car with their headlights on, as if waiting for someone. I thought to myself "man am I glad I had my watch on".


© Copyright 2007 Berryhill (UN: berryhill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Berryhill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538068-Always-have-a-watch-on