*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517054-Iron-Ghost-Chapter-Ten
Rated: GC · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1181513
Dr. Josef Mengele seeks to succeed where Hitler failed and become "The Devil Himself "
#517054 added June 24, 2007 at 10:58am
Restrictions: None
Iron Ghost Chapter Ten
Chapter 10
  August 17th; A.M.  Oval Office

Dawn meets with President Herbert ref; The Iron Ghost.
“The Press has it’s  field day… an Iron Ghost?”
He drops a copy of The Times.  He turns to face her switching off Fox News before he shakes her hand.
“Yes Mr. President…”
He interrupts her.
“George...please”
“Yes…George.  The story has all the makings…”
“I know too well.  Can you catch him?”
“We’ll get him, sir.  Yes.”
She nods.
“What makes you so sure it is one killer?  No DNA matches.”
“One possibility includes a master behind different killers…mind control taken to levels we have not seen since WWII”
He nods. 
“NSA briefed me on your work.”
He smiles and looks to his watch.
“I’m sorry that is all the time I have for you today.  Dawn…”
His tone becomes more serious.
“…National attention is everything these days…these are precarious times…”
“Yes Sir.” 
“I told NSA I wanted to meet with you personally.  You come recommended.  I think they choose well.”
“Thank-you sir…we will not let you down.”
Smiling he nods as he extends his hand pointing toward the door.
She pivots looking him squarely.  “Sir, may I ask you a political question?”
He laughs. “You may.”
“Everything you are doing for the Black Man…why is there no hype coming from your camp?”
“Republicans feel we should let our actions do the talking on that one…we have somewhat of a history, you know.”
“One last matter, sir.  In my agency mail was a tabloid headlining censorship and an execution of Rabbinical students.”
“You think it is a message?”
“Yes but I am initially concerned with who mailed it to me?  They …he…used my agency mailbox.  Maybe somebody inside?”
“I see your concern…this is a political matter and God knows…politics work in mysterious ways.  Good luck Dawn.”
“Thank-you sir.”



© Copyright 2007 iron ghost (UN: ironghost at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iron ghost has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517054-Iron-Ghost-Chapter-Ten