*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517043-Iron-Ghost--Chapter-One
Rated: GC · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1181513
Dr. Josef Mengele seeks to succeed where Hitler failed and become "The Devil Himself "
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#517043 added June 30, 2007 at 11:47am
Restrictions: None
Iron Ghost Chapter One
Iron Ghost
CHAPTER ONE
FBI Cadet Academy; One Federal Plaza Manhattan,  New York  7:55 A.M August 15TH 2006

“The first Black President,  a …a…not a Democrat!”

Smack!  The N.Y. Post full page picture of Secretary of State Colin Powell folds down the middle as FBI Director Cliff Halonson lifts his backhand.

“ Cliff… you’re uptight.  But…”

His stiff forefinger points to the inset of past POST headlines.  PREZ APPOINTS POWELL #3 SPOT;  16 BIL FOR HIV IN AFRICA;  PREZ AND WORLD BANK DELIVER 40 BILLION DEBT FORGIVENESS TO AFRICA.

“People are reading this!”

Dawn Just nods.  “Yeah…big stuff.”

Todays headline reads POWELL FOR PREZ?????  WHAT IS PRESIDENT  HERBERT UP TO?

“Yeah...I know…big stuff.”

“Good.”  He swallows hard.  “There is enough instability…a wave of Neo-Nazi fear at this point...it could… God knows.  I need you to head the Iron Ghost investigation.”

“I could do that without interfering the start up of my mind control unit.”. 

“I need your undivided…”  He swallows hard again.”

“Cliff?”

“I want you… need you to cancel your lecture classes.”

“Not good, Cliff! Do not do this!”

Her shoulders straighten as her lips close and a narrow stream of air jettisons through her nose.

His shoulders straighten.

“Thirty three million Blacks that don’t vote…what happens when they do vote!”

His eyes narrow in response to hers.

“Political unrest! That is what!”

His narrow eyes remain steady as his voice lowers.

“What happens when they vote Republican.”

She does not swallow, she does not blink or break her stare.  Her voice lowers.
“Black Muslims may fissure further…terrorism may even rise.  Islamo-fascist gains in mind control will become that much more critical.  Just like my assignment describes.”

“You say you understand.  I don’t know if I understand. A Black Republican President changes the Muslim world and America…and I am the Director!  The Iron Ghost…if he is based in Naziism…adds an element of fear which…I…the President does not need right now.””

Her shoulders relax.

“Understood. But we discussed this…I develop my own team for the mind control and terrorism unit.  I recruit from my lectures…”

He is expressionless until she stops.

“Soon we will be dealing with…” His voice drops. “Colin Powell’s European approval rating is 90 per-cent.  Africa and the Black man go no where fast without a two party system.”

“I understand. You must understand the value of the lectures.”

“Lectures?”

His voice is now steady.

“ The left wing wants Israel to provide stabilization in the region…not Arab Democracy, not Black Muslims…not Muslims period.”

His eyebrows rise.

“Lectures?  Democrats like the one party system the Black Man has now.  A Black man in office…has got to be a Democrat.”

His eyebrows close together.

“You give me lectures…throw in a Nazi-mind control wizard killing college aged girls across the country and running circles around us…you tell me!”

His jaw clenches.

Her eyebrows release and straighten and her dimples disappear.

“Talk to me when American pilots fly airbuses into skyscrapers at AlQueeda's will!  I’m not talking about mind control over suicide bombers!”

She flips her hair over her shoulder.

His body jerks before he moves into a walk.  Like a Giraffe moving toward water, Director Halonson suddenly strides.  He is able to stay to the side of a determined Special Agent Dawn Just.  He does not wait for her reply.

“Who would have figured? Black President or not, The Mid East dominates…notwithstanding the war”

“I understand Cliff.”  She blinks and relaxes,  she slows herself, smiles and nods allowing her hair to flow and recede as she straightens and pulls back a bit her shoulders. “And I continue the lectures.”

He slows.

She stops and fixes her gaze into his eyes.

He blinks.

White teeth appear where her lips were just a moment ago.

He nods.

“For now…but no distractions.  I cannot have you compromise the investigation to recruit for your unit.”

He half smiles.

“A military man in military times!  A Black...Military... Republican...may bail us…”

“Understood Cliff.”

He shakes his head.

“The first Black President…A Republican!”

“Yeah… Power shift.” 

She stops and stares for a moment into his eyes.

He blinks again.

She now turns toward the lecture hall.

He raises his voice a bit.

“Keep your blackberry on.”

“No distractions. Blackberry.  She stops in front of the lecture hall, now filling up and she then waves a backward hand in air with her right as she tears off a poster-board sized post-it with her left.  It reads; CADET LECTURE: NAZI MIND CONTROL TECHNIQUE AND APPLICATIONS IN TODAY’S ENVIORNMENT OF TERRORISM .

“No distractions…”

His loud voice trails off at a slower pace than his distancing body.
© Copyright 2007 iron ghost (UN: ironghost at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iron ghost has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517043-Iron-Ghost--Chapter-One