*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509265-My-First-Day-Back
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#509265 added May 17, 2007 at 10:12pm
Restrictions: None
My First Day Back
1 Azamat 164 B.E. – May 17, 2007

This is my first day back to writing.com in several days. It’s been an adventure, well that’s a nice way of putting it. My sister didn’t come through on Tuesday and sit with mother. I’m going to deal with her, but not before I’ve ranted to one of my brothers concerning the situation. As it turns out, I didn’t need her because Mom was in an urgent care center all day getting an infusion of potassium and magnesium. Still I’m pissed because she can’t do at least one thing I ask.

On Wednesday, after picking Mom up from the urgent care, I had to take her to Valley hospital because her doctor saw fluid on her lungs, but the X-rays at the hospital showed her lungs clear. It’s been an adventure, I’m just getting back online and I have lots to catch up. I have to make an appointment with her doctor tomorrow for two weeks from Tuesday (I think). I also have to take Mom to Quest Dignities Monday for a blood test. Fortunately, the one we go to on Burnham is open 24 hours. That means I can get Mom up there at about 4:30 or 5:00 am and get the test done before it starts getting hot. (I just love living in a 24-hour town.)

I’m doing launder now, I think (I wouldn’t swear to this) I may be caught up for today. After the laundry is completed, I have to check the dishwasher and see if it is full. You’d think (since I’m the only one loading it) I’d remember if I filled it or not. This seems to be a rather boring entry. I have learned one thing from the adventures of the past few days (four I think) not to sweat (or maybe that is worry) about how I’m going to get something done. So far the money has come and I’ve found a way or a way has appeared to get the job done.

I’m going to make an excel sheet with my Mother’s meds, the dosage and when they are taken during the day. I’ve never seen so many pills in my life. I don’t remember my Grandmother taking this many pills. I’m well on my way to becoming organized. I think that was one of my goals for this year (I’ll have to look back in the Writing My Spiritual Journey Journal). Another thing I’ve learned is, be careful what you ask for, you’ll be forced to achieve it. I’m even doing a more or less decedent job of overcoming my procrastination problem. Maybe if I put in some colors it will make this entry a little more exciting.

Laugh or at least get a knowing smile on your face.


I’m tired of people coming in and out of my house. At first I just left the door unlock and let them walk in, but not any more. If they want to come into my house they are going (appointment or not) have to ring the doorbell or knock. Due to circumstance beyond our control, Mom’s missed several appointments this week. It’s difficult taking someone out of the house that has diarrhea (I spelled that right this time, which proves that spell checkers do eventually have a positive effect on a person’s spelling), but sometimes there is no choice. I have to clean the car out, not that my car ever had a pleasant aroma to it, but it has gotten more interesting the past four day.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509265-My-First-Day-Back