*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506539-Abusive-Reviews
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#506539 added May 6, 2007 at 2:27pm
Restrictions: None
Abusive Reviews
9 Jamal 164 B.E. – Sunday, May 6, 2007

If a piece of writing is boring and makes you fall asleep, why is it boring and why does it make you fall asleep? The two don’t necessarily go together. I’ve read a lot of poems, stories and articles on writing.com and I’ve never found anything that would put me to sleep. I’ve read some items that have slow moving (some call boring) sections or paragraphs, but none of them every put me to sleep.

I haven’t got a lot of out right Abusive Reviews. Although there was one review a couple of years ago, that may have bordered on it. I can’t remember who did the review, I do remember the item that was review (Actually I still have to rewrite that poem, but not because of the borderline abusive review, someone else reviewed the poem right after that and made some excellent suggestions on the rewrite).

Abuse of any type whether it has to do with reviews or anything else is intolerable. However, there are some of people who are a little nervous is reporting it, especially when it come to their own work. I haven’t had a lot of time on line lately and haven’t looked closely at the public reviews.

Getting back to reviewing and boring writing; there are a few questions that need answering if a piece of writing is slow moving or boring. First, why does the reader find it that way? There has to be a reason for the piece being that way. Did the writer put too many redundancies in or was it something that didn’t interest the review after he or she got into the creative work?

On a personal level, I like to know why the reviewer rated a piece of my stuff as a 1.0 or a 5.0 on the rating scale. What so poorly written or so greatly composed that I got those ratings. I like to know why a poem, story or article I’ve written go the rating it received. I am attempting to give reasons for why I rate things the way I do, I can’t say I always reach that goal in a rating, but if anyone (and I’m probably opening a can of worms here) has a question about one of my reviews that didn’t get answered in the review the author can always ask.

Response to "Invalid Entry

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506539-Abusive-Reviews