*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506094-Shivering-with-it
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#506094 added May 4, 2007 at 9:05am
Restrictions: None
Shivering with it.
Always anticipate the unexpected. Forget about anticipating the unexpected know positively that it is out there stalking you and waiting to pounce on you like an arctic wolf on a caribou. This is what makes life so educational, so interesting, so worth living. Without the unexpected life would be boring, life would be full of the mundane and expected. A friend of mine, now passed on to the next world put it eloquently. “The things I worried about never happened. The things that happened were so far off the wall that I wouldn’t consider worrying about them.”

The unexpected brings out the best and the worst in the people around us and ourselves. That’s because the expected isn’t that difficult to handle, we can usually handle the situation in the same or a similar way each time. The unexpected takes a little more thought, it causes us to reach deep inside our souls to find the answers or the solution to the situation. It also causes us to look outside of ourselves for answers at the same time. It causes us to grow and mature as human beings.

The unexpected gives us a kick in the rear, a ladder to climb out of the ruts we get ourselves into, a chance to look at our fellow human beings and ourselves in a new light. It develops attributes we never thought we had, shows us we can do things we never thought we could do. It transforms us by developing out potential, but only if we let it. We have to meet the unexpected head on, without fear, knowing that at the end of the process we will become better human beings and grow spiritually.

Response to "Invalid Entry

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506094-Shivering-with-it