*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/505718-Chapter-10
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1256882
Ever heard of a woodland madman exterminator?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#505718 added May 2, 2007 at 6:54pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 10
Mother is Home
          Wolfy sat wide-eyed on Wolf's lap.  "Grandpa!" he exclaimed. "You really did all that?"  "Yes," smiled Wolf.  "Ooh, Grandma!  That is so romantic!" cried Lily, who had jumped up and was twirling around.  "Is that really how you met dear Grandfather?"  "Yes," answered Rabbit quietly, wiping tears out of her eyes.  "You are lucky to have met him, you know.  Grandfather is so cool!" said Lily, now spinning like a top on her toes with her mother's hat.  "I like that story.  You and Gwampa are da best gwampawents in da whole wide woild!" said Bunnie, snuggling up to her grandma. 
         The three children went on like that for quite awhile, acting out the book, but Wolf and Rabbit were quiet.  They looked at each other from across the room remembering all the fun times they had together.  Rabbit pulled something out of her skirt pocket and threw it at Wolf.  Wolf smiled and caught it; three little pebbles. 
         They finally turned their attention back to their grandchildren, and a good thing too.  Wolfy was just about to act out the 'throwing the Hawk seen' using Lily as his prop when Grandma Rabbit said cheerfully, "Okay, I think it's about time to wrap you mother's presents, don't you agree?"  Wolfy put the screaming and kicking Lily down and they all shouted, "Yes, Grandma!"  Then the children all ran to the front door to pick up their presents from the doorway and then ran back to the living room.  When no one was watching, Lily got Wolfy back by punching him in the head.
         They spent some time wrapping everything and discussing the book.  Then they decorated the room with streamers and put a big "Happy Birthday" banner across the ceiling.  Wolfy tried to blow up some balloons, but he kept popping them with his sharp claws.  Lily snatched them away from him and blew them up herself.  When everything was ready, they looked at the clock.  "Okay, your mother will be here any minute.  What do think we should do?" asked Grandpa Wolf winking.  "Hide so when our lovely dear mother comes, we can all hop out and surprise her!" piped Lily, twirling around on her tip-toes.  "Good thinking, Lily," said Grandpa with an amused smile on his face. 
         Lily stuck her tongue out at Wolfy, so Wolfy pinched her arm and she yelped.  Then Lily kicked Wolfy in the shin.  "Come now!  Don't start fights with your brother, Lily!" scolded Grandma and  Wolfy snickered at Lily.  "That goes for you too, young man," Grandma said.  "Hide! Hide!  I see Mama!  Look, look!  There's Mama!" cried Bunnie from under a table, pointing out the window.  Everyone hid (even Rabbit who snuck under the table with Bunnie on her lap) except for Wolf who went to let his daughter inside.
         "Where's the children?  And where is mother?" asked the mother rabbit, surprised that Bunnie didn't come running to give her a hug.  "I don't know," he replied in mock disbelief.  He led her into the living room and all the lights were turned out. -click- As soon as Wolf turned on the lights, everyone jumped out and shouted "Surprise!" and all wished her a very happy birthday.  After she had opened up her presents and given each of her children a hug, Wolfy spoke up.
         "Mama?" he asked slowly.  "Yes, Wolfy," she answered cheerfully, with the flowery hat from Lily on her head.  "You won't believe what we learned about Grandma and Grandpa today!" he said, and as the children and their mother walked home, the children retold the whole story.  And as soon as they got in the house, a rainbow brightened the sky.


                                                      ?????
© Copyright 2007 Bunnigurl (UN: bunnigurl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bunnigurl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/505718-Chapter-10