*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500852-Snow-goose-in-flight-Images
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#500852 added April 10, 2007 at 7:36pm
Restrictions: None
Snow goose in flight. Images.
Snow goose in flight

What can be made of a poet's life?

 Two pillows: one for sleeping, one for napping.

   A pencil to inscribe the passing of snow geese in flight.

     Clouds for the eyes to look up at each day, stars for the night.

Periods for when she thinks she has become a woman. Exclamation points for when
in fact she has! 
      Two commas, to make her pause, to slow her on her path.

    Parentheses (her first breath and her last).

  What can be made of a poet's life?

A solitary goose in flight.


Kåre Enga

catalogue number: [162.273]

Just an old poem I thought I'd put at the top of todays blog: "Snow goose in flight
         
llllllllllllspringllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*Cry*llllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
ll KS: HOME, HOME, ON THE RANGE: WHERE THE DEER AND THE BUFFALO PLAY ll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllll*Balloon6*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*Balloon6*lllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllll*Flower4*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*Flower2*llllllllllllllll*Flower4*llllllllllllllll*Flower2*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllll*Flower2*lllllll*Flower2*lllllllllllllllllllllll*Flower2*llllllllll*Flower2*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*Flower4*lllllll*Flower2*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

L'aura del campo

Spring: 2 Jalal 164 (10 April) 46º and rainy, foggy.


'é a lua, é a lua, na quintana dos mortos'
♣ Federico García Lorca ♣


WRITING

Wrote to the prompt: in cardboard boxes [30], roses bleed red, violets ooze black [31a,31b], eyes of a scavenger [32,33], all DWP and 10 cents on the Jim Crow dollar [34]. A couple can be found in my forum: "Plum petals, Roseberry thorns.

My plugging is working! Still needing reviews: "Alps, "Wheat penny, "Song of an Age, "Crow feathers, "Love-lies-bleeding, and "Spear.

These are in the folder "Room 222 - New Poems; they pay 222 gps per review. This is working out. Earlier today I counted ~ 119 reviews and 449 views for the 13 items now in there. I'll have to move some out and put new ones in.

Me, my friends and my family

The robin is still sitting on its nest. The cold here destroyed a lot of things. It's odd to see damage to the ginkgo, redbud and oak trees. Forget the fruit crops. Winter wheat could be severely affected too.

I went out Sunday night to Henry's for 5 hours, but I got a lot done here at WDC. I relish in the languages of the coffeehouse: Arabic, French, Slavic, Spanish, Coffee.

Wrote my weekly postcard. This time I got smart and drew pencil lines. Much neater and I fit more into the small space! Monday's mission: find a 24 cent stamp. Ah ... too late and they don't sell single stamps by machine.

Janice took me to Perkins and made me eat potato panckes ... *Delight*. She has a new car and we may be going to Omaha this Friday!

Daily Scripture

O SON OF MAN! Breathe not the sins of others so long as thou art thyself a sinner. Shouldst thou transgress this command, accursed wouldst thou be, and to this I bear witness.

— Bahá’u’lláh


Hidden Words of Bahá'u'lláh, Arabic #27, link: http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/b/HW/

WATT'S GNU!

*Pthb* *Cry* *Cool* *Angry* *Shock* *Wink* *Blush* *Smile* *Delight* *Laugh* Choose one.

Repeating from last blog entry: And for fun ... crayons! You too can learn your colors and draw: http://www.crayola.com/coloring_application/index.cfm?referrer=/index.cfm&mt=dig...

IMAGES and RAMBLINGS

Birds: moan of the mourning dove; blue shell of a robin's egg; flit of the finch.

Death and damage: iris bruised; dead shoots of the oak and katsura; green maple seeds dropping; hollyhock, tulips, privet frost-burned and drooping; hyacinths and redbud reduced to nothing; helleborus, grass, dandelions and daffodils unharmed.

Sitting in the car in the rain: gutter streams; grackles; downy woodpecker; dog barks; rain on the roof top; hole in the road, splash.

The weather has been wet, chilly and dreary. Still snow at my mom's.

A good weather link: http://www.wunderground.com

*Reading* READING *Reading*

Blogs. Not much else.

BLOGVILLE AND THE WDC COMMUNITY

A comment I left in Tor's blog entry "Invalid Entry (edited):

I would really appreciate any suggestions you have for good reviewers of poultry ... chicken, duck, duck, goose or emu.

I've asked a couple reviewers here recently to raid my folder of new poems and review as many as they like ... that way I'll be able to look at how they review a bunch of poems and focus on which one they loved, which they disliked and not get hung up on ratings. I also put all my new poems on the 'must review to rate' option in hopes I'll avoid anonymous hate raids. So far, I think it has worked.

I'm sure I'm yellow [case] because I posted a very good poem or two right at the beginning. Hopefully, I've posted better since. I would not wish to be a Blue because I cannot take any stress at all in my life and deadlines could make me lose my grip.

Or maybe I'm yellow because I'm a Kansan Coward ... *Rolleyes* ... the croquet team par excellance, of course.

Either way it's all good.

17,616 views

** Image ID #1134108 Unavailable **
 Kåre *Note6* Enga

~ until everything was rainbow, rainbow, rainbow! And I let the fish go.
~ Elizabeth Bishop,
The Fish

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500852-Snow-goose-in-flight-Images