*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474963-Not-as-nice-as-yesterdays-entry--READ-THAT-FIRST
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#474963 added December 13, 2006 at 8:11pm
Restrictions: None
Not as nice as yesterday's entry. READ THAT FIRST!
Warning, this entry is a bit of a rant. Yesterday's was so much more uplifting. Go on now ... just ignore this one! *Bigsmile* IF YOU HAVEN'T READ YESTERDAY'S GO READ IT NOW!

L'aura del campo

LATE AUTUMN: 2 Masa'il (13 December) 60º and sunny.

'é a lua, é a lua, na quintana dos mortos'
♣ Federico García Lorca ♣

"Who I am and what I am and what you mean to me ..."

Summary of the letter I wrote the other day? Not quite! I will send a short letter to my friend stating that I feel like I've woken up ... waxing poetic doesn't bridge the gap between everyone. (It's been known to short out some folks' electrical systems ... *Smirk*)

That's the problem here at WDC: too damn many writers! and poets!! and sensitive feeling people !!!

Argh ...

On to the topic of wild sex ...

Yep. Monogamy isn't all that common among mammals. Most primates don't even know how to spell the word. *Bigsmile* However, many do try and it is considered well-mannered in many cultures and promulgated by many religions (Bahá'ís, too), but ... geese are more likely to be monogamous than two-legged humanoids. (Know any of those? ... **shudder** ... I be feelin' yo pain.)

One of those interesting links:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20061120/sc_livescience/wildsexwheremonogamy...

I firmly believe that it is helpful to understand the 'natural' world to better apply social constraints when wanted/needed.

Then again ... must we believe our cultural/religious myths? Especially when it appears to be attacked by science?? Where does one hide the bones of our dissension? In Kenya:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/scientistfightschurchefforttohidemuseumspreh...

Which begs me to ask my Christian friends on-line ... what kind of missionary work was done in Africa over the last century to turn a group of intelligent people into mush-heads?

Why do some people (especially religious people) feel the need to attack learning? Why must we need to learn to read and write but dare not learn to think? to critically think??

Rather than argue with religious leaders, this last tirade may best be pointed at the American institutions of higher learning that increasingly seem to be interested in political correctness and endowment money from businesses and sports teams who carry their logo in front of the television cameras ... "All you are suppose to know and think ... brought to you by Fox and Coca-cola."

There are indigenous people all over the world who understand the interconnectedness of this Universe better than the talking heads at this "Pill-on-the-Hill" excuse for an institution of higher *Laugh* learning. They'd be better off eliminating all degrees except MBA, JD and of course ... NBA and NFL.

Another silly 'Roses are red; violets are black' ditty:

Rose dressed in red; Violet in black;
Iris tried white ... then put it back.
Lily's all golden. She sure has a knack! [163.472b]

Two tanka-like short-shorts:

Traffic jam on Ninth Street

The hawk sits in the road,
waits the fate of the injured
who cannot flee.

Oh, to soar and fly,
to crash someday. [163.474a]

Pictures of the hawk from December 5th are found here among other photos. Sorry, you'll have to scroll down as I couldn't get a better link:

http://www2.ljworld.com/photos/2006/dec/5/

Stopping on Ohio

I crumble the brown capsule,
take the Rose-of-Sharon seeds in hand,
scatter them among the weeds.

Who knows where kindness sprouts?
Who remembers I once was a seed? [163.474b]

Oh ... and look ... 12,000 views! That's # 11 on the "Most Viewed List" for those of you who want to know ... right behind our favorite party blog by: partyof5dj
12,000 views

** Image ID #1134108 Unavailable **
 Kare *Leaf2* Enga

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474963-Not-as-nice-as-yesterdays-entry--READ-THAT-FIRST