*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474868-ACTION
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1188202
This is my blog. I am now a blogger.
#474868 added December 13, 2006 at 9:45am
Restrictions: None
ACTION
Words do not change the world. Words enlighten, they entertain, provide an escape, but they come far from changing the world. Action, true physical action is what changes the world.

My hero, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., spoke brilliant words through his speeches. They enlightened and educated many people, but in the end, it was his works of action that had made all the difference. It was his action that indeed changed the world. Early on, he got arrested many times, but that is part of what it took to reach into the minds of millions in the long run. It was the action that followed the education that had made the difference, which had changed the world for the good.

I am done with using words in trying to change the world. Bitching about current events and poverty and government does nothing but add to the smoke bomb of bitching. All it does is make the smoke a little more thick.

There is that old cliché that insanity is when you do the same things and expect different results. I find that to be true. I am insane. Einstein once observed, “The significant problems we face in life cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.” I guess Einstein was a pretty smart man. He didn’t just think that up and say it though; he applied action to his thoughts and changed the world as a result.

I am not so self-centered that I believe I can change the world. I do understand that I am nowhere near the true integrity and brilliance of MLK and Einstein. But I do believe that I can and have the ability to apply action to some of the problems that we face. Writing this blog isn’t going to clear any of the smoke. It’s what I do after I write this blog that’s going to really determine anything that’s worth writing at all in the first place.

© Copyright 2006 alanmichael (UN: alanmichaelus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
alanmichael has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474868-ACTION