*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/461353-A-Lot-Accomplished-Not-A-Lot-Done
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#461353 added October 13, 2006 at 10:51am
Restrictions: None
A Lot Accomplished Not A Lot Done
It's been one of those days that were busy but didn't really feel like much had been done. I started off waking at some bird-chirping hour because the kids decided to hang out playing on my bed when they woke up with the sun. After two full weeks of school holidays I'd become unfriendly with the early morning sun, preferring to greet the late morning one instead. Alas, two little ones had different ideas.

But I spent the day out and about, visiting my mother and my sister who was also visiting my mother. We had a lovely morning together, then I talked some more with my mother after my sister left. Took the kids to the park on the way home and got their dinner together after that.

I did manage to get some copyediting done on a power point presentation. It's the first PP presentation I've worked on and it was interesting seeing the additional features of power point and learning to work, change, edit, and remove them. Things like animated text features and graphics etc. Some of the things involved I didn't even realise that power point did. I've really enjoyed the challenge.

Of course there is still more to do. I'm trying to bring the file size down dramatically but am having trouble working out where the biggest memory drain is in the file. Something is eating up megabytes and I've only managed to save 1 of 7 MB's so far. I'd like to save another 3 at least to make the file more manageable. But I can't risk cutting out any important information. I was successful at cleaning up the presentation, cutting some excess, fixing the general spelling, grammar and standardizing some of the language across the entire work.

This is the kind of work I enjoy doing. These days it's things like this that pays my bills. I'm a writer who makes my way with copy editing. *chuckles* I really do keep meaning to get these darn books written. But as my best friend Matt said today, "You procrastinate so cutely!" *grins* Yep, that's me, the cute procrastinator. And as I replied, "Yep, but stuff just happens to get done, eventually. It amazes me every time."

Speaking of stuff that has to get done I need to write a short article about Western Australia for the Blogville News. Scarlett is waiting for it. Hopefully I can get that done over the weekend because I don't want to put her time restraints. I've already made her wait longer than I'd planned because of my strange mood swings. But I have to stop procrastinating. I'll find the time at some point tomorrow. After going shopping. Probably around dinner time before blogging. Hopefully.

Meanwhile it's already late and I need to get myself wound down for bed. Perhaps tomorrow I'll get more done. But I expect it will be another busy day where I do a lot but don't complete a lot from my to do list.

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/461353-A-Lot-Accomplished-Not-A-Lot-Done