*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/461222-eternity-pliers
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#461222 added October 12, 2006 at 10:05pm
Restrictions: None
eternity pliers
Stole that title from the subject line of a spam. It was just too tempting, and I didn't want to save the email, but had to save the two words somewhere. This is handy.

Muh-muh-meh-mellow. Thursday evening, and I have no pressing assignments, nothing overdue, finished all of this week's before my 5:30 class this evening. I can read anything I feel like reading tomorrow. I could snuggle with a bodice ripper this evening, if I could find one around here. I could read the last two issues of Poetry magazine that I haven't gotten to yet. I could read the snippets at the end of last month's Reader's Digest articles, or the joke pages. I could just go watch...oh! a MOVIE! a whole MOVIE! We've got "The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean" here. I started to watch it before and didn't have time to finish. Looks hilarious, but I'm afraid it'll just keep reminding me of the stuff we've been studying in my English senior seminar class, "Inventing Nature: Literature and the Environment." The movie also reminds me of Huck Finn, not that the plot involves anyone floating down the Mississippi in a raft. I caught part of the end of it when my husband watched, so I know it ends in some kind of last ditch stand against becoming "sivilized," as Huck would say. Maybe I'll see what other movies we have around here.

Having worked out my schedule for next semester, my final semester as an undergrad, I know the course load will leave me sans stress. I'll just be able to enjoy my assignments. One more English course, "Film as Lit," classes on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, and a 1 credit hour French "capstone" course that doesn't involve any regularly scheduled classes. That's all I need to finish this BA. For other reasons, I need to pad my schedule a bit, so I'm adding Spanish 1001 and a personal wellness class, "Beginning Golf." Then they've attached 1 credit hour to the now annual German immersion weekend, and that's just fun. My last semester. And unless the registrar's office comes up with any last minute surprises, I'll be done on a downhill sled. Relaxes me just thinking about it. I think I deserve a semester like that, thank you very much.

There will be other things to keep me busy with the editor gig going on, but that's exciting, even when it's not.

Meantime, now that this latest spate of small papers is done, I have several weeks to work on the final papers assigned in my French and English classes. Use the time wisely, Jonette.

But for now, I'm fixing a cup of tea and putting my feet up.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.


J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2006 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/461222-eternity-pliers