*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457246-Around-Blogville-this-past-month
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#457246 added September 26, 2006 at 2:00pm
Restrictions: None
Around Blogville this past month
An assortment of news gleaned from various blogs over the past month:

Moving:

chalaedra and SilverValkyre loves YOU! are relieved to have a place to move into.

Thankfully sultry has left Virginia and made it to California.

Travel:

windac went on vacation and got the chance to spread her father's ashes on the salt flats of Utah where he still holds a speed record. Neat! Go to "Invalid Entry.

scarlett_o_h has been gone! She was vacationing in Portugal, poor dear. She tells that her sons are in China, Viet Nam, Thailand ... somewhere in Asia and gives links to their travel blogs in: "Invalid Entry: http://www.travelpost.com/travel/paul_1981 and http://www.travelpost.com/travel/MarkD

JoshCham went to China and talks about it over a series of entries. He has a magical entry about a monk "Last Entry on my China Stuff and a most wonderful photo in "More on the Monk.

Other places:

gypsy4evermore has a must read entry: "Invalid Entry about her first-hand experiences in Iraq.

They're baaaack:

No longer missing: Lady D and esperaza are back! susanL disappeared due to a contest and her port shrinking because she procrastinated. All is fine now. I am glad to see AnnaFassbender is back too.

Dealing with death:

🪽intuey🕊️ got to bury her sister Norma. She sounds much better. Her entry "Would your family know what to do and what to say? is essential reading. She urges everyone to make funeral/burial plans to make it easier on everyone.

Nada shares with us the passing of Oliver, her canine companion of 17 years in "Invalid Entry.

We live in a small world in Blogville. I remember reading about Dawson College somewhere in a blog, so I went to Matthew St.James who lives in Montréal and left a note. He wasn't involved with the shooting, but the whole city has reeled from it.

laurie_o speaks about Paula, someone who has been dead for awhile, in her entry "Invalid Entry.

Sometimes we write about those who have inspired us. In a blog entry onthebathroomfloor [stressed] leads us to his tribute to his English professor "Dear Mister....

Dealing with illness:

Cookie ~ contemplatingareturn is dealing with radiation for her thyroid. Her response to me indicates she has not lost her humor.

Is today your last day? How would you then approach every day if it were the last? Go to "Invalid Entry by PlannerDan for an excellent essay that may make you think.

Pregnancy:

Some here are experiencing their own flavor of sadness, as in "An optimists lament, about the struggles of trying to get pregnant by vivacious .

Relationships:

charlesthec says he and theivyrose will continue to be friends after they broke up. Ivy's poem: "Invalid Item.

emmyloo speaks about her 10th wedding anniversary in "Invalid Entry.

Visited alfred booth, wanbli ska . He and Pierre celebrated their 9th anniversary.

pwilli 's son Nicholas turned 4 on September 11th.

Pets:

tahubley speaks about being owned by a cat in "Invalid Entry.

malaya mentions raising goats in the Phillipines and has some beautiful pics of her birds in "Invalid Entry.

SilverValkyre loves YOU! has a nice entry "Invalid Entry about horses.

School:

Crys-not really here is persuing her MFA at Chatham College in Pittsburgh. One of the schools on my list! SSTheWriter and Joshua Alan Lindsay are in first year. Both are struggling with the freshman adjustment.

Oddities of life:

obwan finally had the Fire Department burn the 100 year old barn down. Pictures in "The Barn is Gone.

darkin took the challenge and won! Anyone who can pour Frank's hotsauce on chocolate cake and survive is a real pooper ... er ... trooper. See "Invalid Entry for the pics!

Humor:

Anyea has a hilarious entry on the paper crisis, even suggesting reusable corn cobs and then, as if that weren't enough, goes on to quote Gargantua by Rabelais. Read "Invalid Entry (GC), if you can stand rolling around in laughter. *Smirk*

I'll never think of runts the same way again after reading this entry "Invalid Entry by Stiggles .

"Invalid Entry by egghalfcracked is hysterical! She has a sense of humor that must make the residents of the nursing home value her like gold! If laughter is healing than she ought to be paid like a physician. I highly recommend reading her entry.

Issues - diversity and racism:

laurie_o Her Daily OM entry "Invalid Entry is about diversity and acceptance.

Wendopolis 's is steamed in entry "Invalid Entry. I basically responded that racism is a disease that infects us all.

gypsy4evermore in "Invalid Entry writes about the move to Kalispell, Montana by the white supremist family, the Gaedes. The town rallied with a "No Hate" campaign.

Maharani, period. writes a thought provoking entry about the word 'nigga' in: "Invalid Entry. She contends that the attempt to own it has failed.

WDC peace:

vivacious has a must-read entry: "God's love and points to view. Everyone in WDC-Land should read this. Quoting "Mister God. This is Anna": “Flynn, that’s the difference. You see, everyone has got a point of view, but Mister God hasn’t. Mister God has points to view.

Nature

In "Invalid Entry, galinago takes us to the marsh before dawn.

Two pastoral entries: Mavis Moog writes about blackberries and spiders in "Invalid Entry and Voxxylady delights in September and the coming Fall in "there blooms a deathless flower.

Barbs takes us down a country road in "Invalid Entry and treats us to recipes and facts about: "Invalid Entry.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457246-Around-Blogville-this-past-month