*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457129-Giving-Myself-The-Night-Off
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#457129 added September 25, 2006 at 8:36am
Restrictions: None
Giving Myself The Night Off
*sighs* I just can't get motivated today so I've decided to give myself the day and night off. It's already late, blog time and I always blog but I'm giving myself permission to blog and nothing more. Perhaps I'll kick back with some TV or a movie later or maybe a book. It's been a while since I last read some fiction in harcopy form so it's time I did that.

I had a fairly productive week last week and I'm starting to see that you just can't be creative all the time. No one should have to work 7 days a week and expect to be as productive all the time. Sometimes it's important to take a break, rest the mind.

I've been thinking some more about Persevering Poets Present. I still think that so many people could do this better then I but I'm offering something to the community and so far the members seem to really appreciate it. My biggest concern is letting them down. If I sent them to a group and they couldn't get involved their or it failed or was a discouraging environment I'd feel responsible. Sure I don't much like creating the articles each week for the workshop, and it's been near impossible to get people talking in the Ponder Poetry forum and I keep putting off finishing the Poet of the Week section but still people are supporting the venture.

I also don't want to give up since I could really make something out of this. I want to share myself with the community. I want to give back to the people who love WDC like I do instead of just taking. Sometimes I think I could do better if I just used my time to review. I don't know. *Frown* Sometimes I feel like I'm putting too much pressure on myself. I really, really don't like teaching the workshop and I'd rather take advantage of the information on the site that teaches me and be the student.

But I'm going around in circles and something I think maybe I should just role dice to see which way fate falls. But I've got self imposed vow. I NEVER make important decisions when I'm on a low and at the moment, while it's fairly mild I most definately AM on a low. So basically I'm putting off deciding what to do at this point, giving myself a little slack. I'll have to put together another lesson tomorrow and I still havent' decided what to focus on.

Anyway, that's a blog entry. Not much of one but seriously, I'm taking a break. *Wink* At least it's a blue day and that's all that really matters.

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457129-Giving-Myself-The-Night-Off