*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455181-No-title-entered
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#455181 added September 16, 2006 at 11:17am
Restrictions: None
No title entered!
Here I go, starting out another entry without giving it a title. Titles, conclusions and introductions come last. That's an option made easier for us in this information age with all its information management tools.

I'm giving the current paper-writing project a rest this morning, hoping the ideas I've already committed to file space will steep into some sort of cyber-solvent and render a richer broth, leaving some substance of the solute. What does all that mean? Don't ask me. I'm not a chemistry major.

Dishes are stacked in the sink and all over the counters and table, along with mountains of junk mail, complete with slick paper ads. Piles of clothes scattered here and there, like zits.

German test on Monday, paper to write in French sometime next week, and all the finishing up and fine-tuning to be done on my English paper before Tuesday. Things are going well.

I have a cubicle at school now, an isolated expample of those modern partitioned off spaces featured in "Office Space," the movie, or "Dilbert," the comic strip. Bande Dessinee. I'm starting to wander how early I could get there on weekday mornings. The campus center (contains scads of workout equipment and the Student Activities dept. offices) opens at 7:00 a.m. Lately, I've had Cliff drop me off sometime between 6:30 and 7:00 on his way to work. He's been using my car lately while our neighbor works on his. Anyway, that gives me plenty of time to stretch, then run to the locker rooms, throw my things in a locker, take care of other necessaries, and hop on an elliptical trainer for 30 minutes. My cubicle is in the building next door.

The cubicle came in very handy this week, as it's been a bad week in our relationship with technological devices around here. Started last week when I lost my cell phone. Got worse early this week when my brand new laptop would not turn on. Capping it all off, Cliff lost his phone when he left it and his sunglasses and hat on top of his car before driving away. We spent a good bit of the time we should have been sleeping between Thursday and Friday driving 50 miles, one way, to look for all that. Found the hat and the somewhat battered and totally separated keypad to the cell phone. Got home sometime between 3:30 and 4:00.

I left the laptop with the SITS people on campus. I think that's a rather unfortunate acronym. It doesn't call positive associations to mind when I remember the girl at the desk telling me that it usually takes at least a week for them to get around to laptops. Still, I'm looking forward to an email from them telling me to come pick my laptop back up, hopefully back in good running order.

Or they might call me on the replacement cell phone I'm supposed to get Monday or Tuesday. We had insurance on our phones, with 50 dollar deductible. I'm not sure if that's per phone or for the both. We have insurance on these new phones, too, with no deductible this time. Maybe I'll get to keep my phone number. What I hate losing more than my cell phone and possibly my phone number is the list of numbers I had stored inside. Well, there ya go, another lesson in hard copy back-ups. More places to store information and the need to use more places to store information.

But right now, I have a slow, undemanding Saturday. Might go do the dishes, might go read Ronsard. Might go write about Ronsard. Might go try to get some of those clothes washed or folded or put away. Might go investigate other French poets.

Don't even know which direction I'm leaning in.

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **




J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2006 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455181-No-title-entered