*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453097-Dead-poets-speak-A-gift-from-trauma
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#453097 added September 8, 2006 at 1:54am
Restrictions: None
Dead poets speak? A gift from trauma.
Three poems from dead poets (written by me a là Masters). How trauma affects my ability to share myself. ¿Fala vostede galego? A visit with Mary Klader. I cracked Kraken's Code! Can you write to the prompt: 'The Pornfields of Baptist County'?

7,691 views

         L'aura del campo           

SUMMER: 18 'Asma (6 September)

'é a lua,  é a lua,  na quintana dos mortos'
♣    Federico García Lorca    ♣

One of the gifts of trauma

An explanation to all my friends here: due to some severe traumas in my life, I don't share much about me. It has taken a year to feel at ease enough to share as much as I have. I am working with a therapist to defrag my mind, to put all the traumas in a group of folders marked 'do not open' or 'open at risk'. If I do not share, it is because of this. To live each day, not knowing what memory will trigger pain is pain enough. This paranoia will subsist when my nervous system is restored. It would help if those who have done me harm in the past would contact me and tell me all is forgiven and put to rest.

Until then I live in the present. With no past, no face, few family and friends, no future.

Please understand.

████████ Warm? Think cool *Cool*! *Snow1* *Snow2* *Snow3*
████████ Weather where I am: 75º
████████ Weather in Tahlequah, Oklahoma: 79º
████████ Weather in Peterborough, Ontario: 66º

IMAGES

Walking from Flint to Watson:

Yellow butterfly; dull leaves; light breeze that moves the shadows; warm blue sky of cotton puffs; roofs of terracotta; one dragonfly; one Douglas (in teal shorts and shirt beneath a brim of straw); the hot smooth touch of a stainless steel 'book return'; the hoot of a far off train.

MY LIFE

Mary Klader is a hoot. She is a great teacher and wonderful mentor. Showed her some of my recent stuff and told her I continue to be inspired by Ted Kooser. She suggested I send 5 poems to him! "Poor in Kansas" and four others. Little known fact about Mary: she types at 125 words per minute. She typed her thesis in a week. Her aunt was the world champion typist back in the '40s at ~ 145/min. Most people are far more interesting than we'll ever know.

I looked around her room: 'clutter', a clock that says "whatever" {the numbers scattered in a corner}, Krackle, m&ms. (no klezmer band was playing, however)

I asked Xosé how to pronounce his name and Xoán's too. I guess the 'o' is open/higher like 'o' not 'å'. I asked whether 'xo' was a word. It's not. Then I inquired if 'Ocampo' could be a last name. He said yes, but not common. Good. So if I ever need a pen name in galego, I think Xoán Xosé Ocampo would work just fine. As in X. X. Ocampo or 'Xoxo' for short! (X = the sound 'sh' in English, and is used in Galician and Portuguese but not modern Spanish.) It's a bit of joke because 'enga' translates as 'o campo'.

I will learn galego if I try. It's similar enough to Spanish and I did take a course in Portuguese, albeit years ago.

"Nos cafés, os sons dos profesors son os soños dos dragóns, os tronos nos rincóns son nós, onde sonamos xuntos ou só."

Visiting with Susan has given me this prompt: "The Pornfields of Baptist County." She misheard something I said and then giggled over fields with ears of folded/rolled up Playboy magazines. If Susan were at WDC her handle would have to be: "egg-totally-cracked". Maybe partyof5dj could write us some bluegrass lyrics based on this image! *Laugh*

POULTRY? YOU CALL THIS POULTRY?

Thinking of dead poets. Giving them a bit of a voice, a là Masters.

Elizabeth

There was this fish:
hooked jaw,
cut lines, lead sinker.

When you catch him
tell him
that I look at life
from the other side
of the surface now.

Tell him all's still:
rainbow,
rainbow,
rainbow. [163.343]


Emily

Dead?
Sure I'm dead.
Dead as the horses head
that came and got me.

I'm sure you've read THAT story.

But what of you?
What part of you rings true?
What woven into poetry
will pursue you through eternity? [164.332]


Oscar

Well the wallpaper wouldn't go,
so I did.
By now I'm sure it's gone
and no one would remember it
if not for me.

In earnest, I can share what aches:
I made mistakes.

Trusting and loving were among the worse.

In another place or time I would've hung
or severed from my tongue,
not been known for wit
or the travels of my wandering dick. [163.333]

WDC

I got lucky and just nosed out Scottiegazelle for 4th place and 1,900 gps in this wonderful word puzzle contest:

FORUM
Crack Kraken's Code Contest [Round Over]  (13+)
Follow the clues and decipher the message to win prizes!
#746016 by Davy Kraken


Kraken does this on a regular basis and it is worth the effort if you enjoy this type of mind-twister. I've done it twice. My goal is to be 1st one of these times. Bring on the competition *Bigsmile*.

BLOGVILLE

Just tooling around. Seems to have been a weekend of vacations.

Thankfully sultry made it to California. windac should be in Utah with family. I am glad to see AnnaFassbender is back. But where has susanL gone? Hope she's okay.

My second quiz: "Invalid Item ends today.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

'And the poem, from its homeless home, writes of blindsight and silence'

from "Night Gardening" by Michael Palmer,
recipient of the Wallace Stevens Award.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453097-Dead-poets-speak-A-gift-from-trauma