*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/451029-Polliwiccan-Brown-Badges-Take-my-quiz-Please
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#451029 added August 29, 2006 at 9:56am
Restrictions: None
Polliwiccan. Brown Badges. Take my quiz. Please.
Know what a polliwiccan is? Sketched a poem about what Leonard Pitts wrote about New Orleans and the aftermath of Katrina. Woke up a cat. Got soaked by the rain. And my shoes are worn out. Chalaedra with 45/100 is leading the pact who took my quiz.

7,195 views

         L'aura del campo           

SUMMER: 8 'Asma (27 August)

'é a lua,  é a lua,  na quintana dos mortos'
♣    Federico García Lorca    ♣

Polliwiccan

I saw yellow-green VW bug. It's license plate was 'FROG' which reminded me that frogs come from polliwogs. Which led me to ponder whether a vegan chicken that mates with a rooster that crows: 'Harm None' hatches out polliwiccans. Any thoughts?

But if you really want a good laugh:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1148035 by Not Available.
.

My friend Bard nearly busted a gut after reading question 9, but even he couldn't catch chalaedra who leads the pact with 45 points out of 100. So anyone scoring in the 20s shouldn't feel bad! My own family wouldn't do any better. Robin, another friend, took it today (off-line) and scored 34. He figured out my first car and my grandmother's name, which shocked me!

The quiz ends on the 30th. I enjoyed doing this so much, I'm going to do another. I'm already formulating the questions based in part on comments left in other peoples blogs ... wicked *Laugh*.

████████████ Raining? Think sun *Smile* *Smile* *Smile* *Smile*
████████████ Weather where I am: 77º, and a deluge.
████████████ Weather in Bolivar, NY: 68º where Cory is.
████████████ Weather in Bolivar, Argentina: 52º.
████████████ Weather in Sapporo, Japan: 68º.
████████████ Weather in Guantanamo, Cuba: 80º and stormy.

IMAGES

The calico's asleep. When I meow on the other side of glass, it awakes.

I write down the images: dog clocks, cat clocks one chinese lantern, "Gift Certificates available in one dollar amounts", a bird house and chimes, a vase and a cup in the shape of a nude, flowers blooming in enamels, a fish in blue, an orange butterfly.

The cat is alert then yawns and as I go, goes back to sleep.

MY LIFE

My shoes have died! The soles and heels have fallen apart. This week I will go to Penn House and get another pair.

My right heel aches, partly because of the shoes, partly because of having to run last evening ... those of you who know where to look can read the rest of that story.

Anissa introduced me to Pigeon, who is Afro-Cherokee and Winnebago. Hope we cross paths again. He's intelligent and interesting and although one would think that that is common place in a college town, it is ... but is not.

Saw Rocio; she is back from Spain. Her brother's friend just died in a motorbike accident, which reminds me of when I was young and in college and heard that Robert French had died in a similar accident. I flunked my tests that week. Still remember that. It spooks me that my friend Gary was born nine months later.

In the last week I've spoken with my mom, my sister, my aunt, Cory, Janice and Gary. I have so many calls to make I could drop dead tomorrow and still not catch up after an eternity ...

POULTRY? YOU CALL THIS POULTRY?

After reading this article by Leonard Pitts:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/columnists/leonard_pitts/15371769.ht...

I used the images of the brown water lines left after Katrina to sketch this today:

Brown badges

It lies on a level:
stoop low, window high, reaching gutters,
as houses fall and rise through the streets.
A brown line of courage,
marking the stubbornness of water,
the persistance of hope.
By these homes filled with laughter,
they played soccer, they worked.
Now even the church asks:
"Where did they go?"
Once loved they wear their brown badges
that not even new rain washes off. [163.325]

The poem I wrote last year: "I, Katrina

BLOGVILLE

Well, I don't have a lot of energy to deal with drama. My life may be boring, but my nerves jump whenever anyone slams a door. So I'll let the mud-slinging for others. I prefer mudpies and playing in the garden sweet potato patch.

Visited alfred booth, wanbli ska . He and Pierre are celebrating their 9th anniversary (just past or just coming up; dates and details arn't sticking today). Gypsy has a must read entry: "Invalid Entry about her first-hand experiences in Iraq. windac will be on vacation and gets the chance to spread her father's ashes on the salt flats of Utah where he still holds a speed record. Neat! Go to "Invalid Entry. If you don't mind a blog that is GC rated, grim has a well written entry that is quite startling "Invalid Entry. Don't go there if you are easily offended. And I came across someone who is new to me that I think will become a regular: tahubley!

partyof5dj has cracked the Top 20! Those I read often:

1. David McClain at #2
2. Nada is at #5
3. Mavis Moog is at #6
4. zwisis at #7 (and she's baaaaack from Zimbabwe)
5. scarlett_o_h is #8. And since I'm limited by Scarlett's Rule of Five, that's enough about that.

I do need to read more of the Top 50 though. There are those I have not visited and should. I'll need to read between 100 and 200 different blogs a month.

I'm tuck snug at #28 between two Illinoisians:susanL and charlesthec. Since I've been blessed to be Illinoyed in the past, I shan't complain *Bigsmile*.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"An eight hundred dollar skirt
looks twice as rich
on a fifteen-year-old
Brazilian girl."


from caroline

in The Cat Burglar by Mickey Cesar

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/451029-Polliwiccan-Brown-Badges-Take-my-quiz-Please