*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445851-Jessicas-wedding-Smile-me-young-again
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#445851 added August 7, 2006 at 11:06am
Restrictions: None
Jessica's wedding. 'Smile me young again'
5,922 views

         L'aura del campo           

SUMMER: 5 Kamal (5 August)

'é a lua,  é a lua,  na quintana dos mortos'
♣    Federico García Lorca    ♣


Fighting with the computer


Computers are wonderful 'things' but they don't bring relationships nor joy. The can be powerful tools, however, in connecting with others and organizing one's life.

Yesterday, I attempted to list symbols and explain how to find them on the keyboard. Great idea and I'm glad I was able to help some folks. But like all ideas ... perfect it ain't!

So I found the Cherokee Agayuh *Delight* but it won't work here *Frown*. And some symbols at the library's computer are different from Pélathé's puter.

I'll continue to work at it, just as I'll try to figure out emoticons and why my 'corn' from day before yesterday looks ill, although the other day it was fine ... guess I'll just have to take photos, draw pictures, post them here, something.

So my tool isn't working how I thought it would. But ... I'm glad to be sharing this, making connections, building bridges to relationships.

████████ Sizzling? Think cool *Cool*! *Snow1* *Snow2* *Snow3*
████████ Weather where I am: 101º but bearable.
████████ Weather in Tulsa, Oklahoma: 102º.
████████ Weather in Zimbabwe: 50º in Harare tonight.

IMAGES

At South Park

A model T car with balloons; the heat; the fountain spraying water; roses; gardens in full bloom; a swallowtail butterfly; the heat; the sweat; bells; the vows; children playing; the heat; the dappled shade; the yellow flowers of the bouquet taking flight.

At the Eldridge:

Chocolate cake; pink hearts; ice water; ice tea; ice mango drink; ice decaf *Frown*; stuffed mushrooms; cheese; scallops; rollups; toasts; the greeting line; presents stacked; a/c.

MY LIFE

Went to a wedding today. In the park! It was 90 something, so I didn't wear my black camel hair suitcoat with a long sleeve shirt I had picked out. Instead put on a nice rose and khaki colored floral print that didn't tuck in. Still sweated. I was literally soaked.

Jessica Caye Kennedy wore a lovely off-white dress, that she said was great, except it constrained her a bit. The bridesmaids had short black dresses that they can wear again. Very elegant and appropriate for a hot day. The men, including the groom, Adam Griffith, suffered in tux.

It was a Buddhist ceremony, complete with the lighting of candles, the 3-Fold Refuge, the 4 Great Vows. Judy Roitman, dharma master, a local prof (educated at Naropa) was the officiate.

I took pictures ... and ran out of film just as Jessica's father was taking bride and groom to the reception in his old Model T. He only had to crank it a few times and off they went. Boy the car lurched forward!

The reception was held at the Eldridge Hotel, one of the oldest buildings in town, dating to the mid-1800s. I got to sit with Jessica's aunt and her grandmother Gladys, who at 89 was having a great time. Jessica's family is from small-town Northwest Kansas.

I survived. THEY survived. Even my friend Allyson Bradford, a brides maid survived (she made sure she wouldn't catch the bouquet).

And I got fed! Just finger food, but scallops in bacon and stuffed mushrooms are among my favorites. the cake was chocolate or white. Someone had brought homemade mints. Leaves, roses and hearts. Just like the ones I learned to make when I lived in Nebraska centuries ago. I took extra *Smile*!

No poems for Jessica yet. This sketch from Wednesday will have to do:

POETRY? YOU CALL THIS POETRY?

Smile me young again


... and you're not yet born.
The rottweiler I call Mom
protects me from reality
exposes me to blue-water eyes.
They're my father's smoking a pipe,
or yours, sans cigar. You guffaw,
a donkey's bray only those who
love you love. O to hear you laugh!
Smile me young again.
... enough to be your lover
or your friend.
[163.286]

BLOGVILLE

Got a pretty little merit badge from Scottiegazelle ! God ... are these things catching? My sister, the ex-cheerleader, will be jealous.

Merit Badge in Cheerleading
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for your great support while reading my blog,  [Link To Item #812129] . The great things you say really keep me motivated, and I appreciate it!

Haven't had time to roam today.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

4 Great Vows

Sentient beings are numberless, we vow to save them all.
Delusins are endless, we vow to cut through them all.
The teachings are infinite, we vow to learn them all.
The Buddha way is inconceivable, we vow to attain it.


© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445851-Jessicas-wedding-Smile-me-young-again